Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Guidance...Please

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Guidance...Please

I do not know what my next steps should be and would appreciate you help so I don't make things worse.  Several debts are listed on my credit report as being "sold to another creditor."  I do not dispute that I do owe this to the OC so I am not actually disputing the debt.  These collections have been sold twice and all are listed a three seperate adverse accounts.  Two of the OC accounts are listed with $0 balances but they are still there.  Several have balances on all three which increases the total amount of my debt increase threefold. Should these debts be combined into one collection account and if so, how do I explain this to the CRA?  My report looks like I have three times as many adverse accounts than I actually do. All of these are scheduled do drop off in late 2008.   I have read all about debt validation and method of validation but I am either not understanding or they  just don't fit my situation. I have tried so hard for the last 5 or 6 years to get on track...  Please give me some guidance.  Thanks
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Guidance...Please

I would love to hear the answer to this one too!!!!! Can anyone help?
Message 2 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

All three can report as long as the balance for the accounts sold is $0.
Message 3 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I contact the CA or the CRA directly to change the account balances on the OC account and the second CA account in order to correct the total balance that I owe?  Should it be by phone or mail?  Thank you so much for your help.  This is so confusing to me.  I really appreciate it.
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow, Tusc that was a great article.  Thanks for posting that information.  Incredible lengths these JDB's will go to to collect on something that they bought for $50 dollars.  I am now kind of scared to get in touch with AFNI to try pfd.  I did send them a letter and never got a response and it has been over 45 days with no response from them, however, just this last week, every day from TC I got an alert about a new account being added and this is not a new account and I don't know if this is affecting my credit score or not.  They seem to be pulling it every day.. Don't know if it is a soft inquiry or hard pull.  Guess if it was a hard pull, scores would be drastically dropping?

Eve
Message 6 of 7
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

catbird wrote:
Should I contact the CA or the CRA directly to change the account balances on the OC account and the second CA account in order to correct the total balance that I owe?  Should it be by phone or mail?  Thank you so much for your help.  This is so confusing to me.  I really appreciate it.

Dispute the balances with the CRAs.
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.