cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help! I have to dispute to remove an Inq.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help! I have to dispute to remove an Inq.

Does anyone succeeded to remove an inq?
The site below will tell you what is going on.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Re: Need Help! I have to dispute to remove an Inq.

I hate to say it, but the best way is through the company that ran your credit.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks ngerasimatos for your response.  I hope Chase able to remove it.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bunny, after reading that, I think I would ask ONCE to see if they will re-code it to a soft. If not, I would drop it. If you start disputing, you may lose the TL all together. That inquiry is costing you very little.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

stef37 wrote:
Bunny, after reading that, I think I would ask ONCE to see if they will re-code it to a soft. If not, I would drop it. If you start disputing, you may lose the TL all together. That inquiry is costing you very little.

How does it works?  Why and how do I loose the TL?  have you tried it with Chase or any other CCC before?  How much very little?  
Message 5 of 12
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

bunnyrabbit wrote:

stef37 wrote:

How does it works?  Why and how do I loose the TL?  have you tried it with Chase or any other CCC before?  How much very little?  

You ask them to recode it as soft

If you keep on endlessly they might get annoyed and just shut of your card

No.  I earn my inqs and suffer the consequences

0-7 points for a year
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you stir things up, Chase may close your card down. I would just leave it alone, as the inquiry was legit. You did ask for a credit increase to round it off another 500 dollars. Anytime you ask CHASE for any kind of CLI expect a hard hit. With so many being rate-jacked and CLD or closed completely, now is not the time to start off your relationship arguing over a simple inquiry. They state in their TOS they can close your account at any time, for any reason. Again, I would leave it alone.
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Midnight, Thanks stef37.

I ask once about re-code it to soft inq nicely / gently / softly / kindly .....  and leave it alone.

Q 1.  I think it is better to speak with same supervisor for this, then I do not have to explain all over from the beginning ... right?

Q 2.  What should I do with the dispute letter if I receive it from Chase?  Shred it ? 

Message Edited by bunnyrabbit on 03-06-2008 08:20 PM
Message 8 of 12
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

Make a pirate hat with it and go to Red Lobster!
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 9 of 12
fused
Moderator Emeritus

stef37 wrote:

I am in STRONG agreement with your advice! It's one inq, too many people worry about inqs. This would be different if it's an inq from a CA.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.