Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Paid Collection from AMEX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need Help with Paid Collection from AMEX

So I have one single red flag on my credit report, and it's from AMEX. This is the only single red mark on my record, however, it's dragging me down. There was a collection back in 2003, that I had paid off. Unfortunately, it's still sitting in my credit report, and it's preventing me from securing a good loan (I'm starting a new business and trying to secure corporate credit).

Lexington Law had sent a letter on my behalf to AMEX, in which they had returned a letter stating they need my social and my 18-digit customer ID. This is obviously a stall on their behalf.

I called back Lexington, and the paralegal said I should just send them back the information they need in a handwritten letter. The problem is is that I don't have my 18-digit customer ID, and this back and forth BS with the letters will only inevitably stall out the process even longer (which means Lexington will still get paid for their service that they provide to me [which is little to none] until the matter is 'resolved', and AMEX will still continue to do nothing).

I asked AMEX to fax me a copy of all the contracts and documents that they have for my file, and they said they obviously don't have any because the account is so old.

I obviously need this matter taken care of immediately, so I hope someone on this message board can give me a little insight/help/suggestions on what I can do, or if they know of someone that can help me out.

Please help!

Thank You.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need Help with Paid Collection from AMEX

I am sure you know AMEX NEVER sells it's accounts to collections and AMEX never forgets.

I would search here for Oasis phone numbers here-
they should be able to pull your account up an provide the informatin you need by your SSN.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.