cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Help with Updating infomation with CRA's???

tag
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

Need Help with Updating infomation with CRA's???

So I went to call my BBRZMC/Cap 1 card to request a CLI (I'm due for one)  They tell me that my phone number is not the same as what they have on the SP they did, and that my account is frozen (I PIF about 6mo ago and havent used it since), and they need to send me a new card as well but can't because there is a fraud alert. They wouldn't tell me WHICH CRA it's on, and I do not remember adding any fraud alert to any of my reports, unless it was automatic because I disputed something that was my ex-husbands from 12 yrs ago and his current wife, NOT mine so maybe that's why?  

Anyway, I want to update all the CRA's info to be correct with my own so that this issue is resoloved.  If they did put a fraud alert on there, how do I get that removed as well???

Thanks!

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Need Help with Updating infomation with CRA's???

Automatic FAs can happen. Happened to DW after she disputed an account as "not mine". I'd suggest pulling your reports directly from the CRAs or annualcreditreport. These reports will clearly show if there's a FA reporting.

Message 2 of 5
lovemybabiesx2
Valued Member

Thanks!  Then if it IS reporting, how do I update my info with them and get it removed?

Equifax: 470 ( Lender 7/11) 548 (USAA-7/10/13

Experian: 493 (Lender 7/11) ) 588-USAA 7/10/13

TU: starting- 461 (Lender 7/11), 553-USAA 7/10/13- 647 (Walmart 7/15/13)
Vantage Score: 678
GOAL: FICO 650-690 by 12/2013
Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

We got hers to go away by simply calling EQ (in her case) to have it removed. It was a 5 min conversation on the phone and they hooked us up.

Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

+1

Fraud alerts are, under the statute, placed in a consumer's file only upon authorization of the consumer, and can always be removed at the request of the consumer.

The CRAs, and in my opinion rightfully so, will often interpret any questions raised by a consumer as to the validity of a debt or account as an inferred request to place a fraud alert in the consumer's fiile.  Handling fraud alerts is stated under the statute to be convenient for the consumer, and telephone handling is speciifically mentoned.

So they do it with just a call.  However, they may request proof of identity, which might result in having to send a formal notice of remval.

Ultimately, you call the shots wrt removal of any fraud alert.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.