Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need TransUnion Fax Number, Please

tag
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

Need TransUnion Fax Number, Please

Can anyone share the fax number for TransUnion. Also, has anyone found it effective disputing by fax rather than mail?

TIA

4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need TransUnion Fax Number, Please

TU fax = 610.546.4606

I have had success with disputing by fax.

CB

Message 2 of 4
StartinOver
Frequent Contributor

telRe: Need TransUnion Fax Number, Please

I belatedly realized I had forgotten in my haste to say THANKS!

4/25/11 FICO: EQ 761....EX 770.....TU 744
3/6/2011 FICO: EQ 710... EX 718... TU 710
09/09 FICO: EQ: 525
Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Need TransUnion Fax Number, Please

I would never dispute by FAX, or any internet process,, period.  Ever.

The CRAs notoriously ignore or sidestep  the FCRA by use of their automated proceses, and expecialy the  E-Oscar dispute process.  Tthe inescapalbe fact is that they are requried, under the statutotory provision of FCRA 611(a)(2)(A), to "include all relevant information regarding the dispute that the agency has received from the consumer."  Easier for the consumer to do in paper than through some truncated electronic dispute.  Make photocopies, and put them in an envelope.

Why this caution?

You also have the right, under FCRA 611(a)(6)(B)(iii), to include a request that the CRA provide to you a full "descrpition of the procedure used to determine the accuracy and completeness of the information."

If you truncate your dispute by limited FAX transmission, or filling out their stupid dispute form offered for internet disputes, you will probably not be including all information that is relevant.  Thus, they are weeding down your dispute before they ever respond.

I would always recomend sending any disptue under FCRA 611(a)(1) via snail mail. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.