Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need about 8 points

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need about 8 points

I am getting my crap together and it is going good so far.  I dont have too much bad stuff on my credit but it still is very low.  I am an authorized user on most of my credit card debt.  I have removed all authorized card ( Max'd cards) and it has raised my scores greatly.  I am sitting at 586-Eq 552-Ex.  I am trying to get a home equity loan and i need a 560 to qualify.  I have 2 vehicles which equals 34,000 and 1 credit card has a limit of 500 and i have 48 used.  I have 2 checks that are at 0 but getting that set with a dispute.  I have 4 cars that i have paid off in a matter of 7 years.  i would think that my score would be higher.  Basically started building in 2000.  Any suggestions to get that dang little 8 points?

Thanks to all that help the needed,

SNG
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need about 8 points

Opps -  500 credit limit and 480 is on it.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

geesh.. guess i should of proofread my post.  i also for to say that my credit card was 120 days past due.  long story on that one but short run down.  sister didnt pay the card.  i was trying to be the good guy when she had her kid.  Oh well, i guess i ate that one.  I know other people have many other different problems and are worse off than me but i am really needing this loan.  i see that alot of people are well educated with credit that come and post here.  i have read alot of things here and i have tried many things and they worked so i decided to sign up and see what everyone else says .

thanks
Message 3 of 6
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

hiya Someday and welcome!

FYI if you need to edit a post, click the 'options' on the top right of it and you can edit your own.  Looked like someone had answered this with 2 replies showing to everyone.  

It's really hard to tell without the full picture of what is going on on your CBRs.  If you have not yet read the Credit Scoring 101 Start here thread please do:  

There is a nice section in there on 'how to improve my score'.  For a fast 8 points, I'm going to take a gander and say your utilization is not good.  The best way to get improve that and get some points is to pay your credit cards down so that you are using no more than 9% of your total credit limits.

Hope that helps some!
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. Pay your balance on that CC to between $5 and $45 and you will see a nice gain ASSUMING that is the only revolving debt currently reporting on your CRAs.
Message 5 of 6
future
Frequent Contributor

HAPPY YOU JOINED!!!   Try to pay your cc down to under $50.  that should give you the boost you need. Smiley Wink

Message Edited by future on 09-29-2007 08:30 AM
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.