Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice! Condused about this site

tag
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

Need advice! Condused about this site

Hi everyone!

So I was reading another post http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/General-Credit-Topics/Looking-for-daily-credit-report-pulls-monitori... that one to be exact and I saw someone mention https://www.creditchecktotal.com/

Now in the comments a few mentioned that this site does not do fico scores only PLUS scores. I even perused some older post from last year and older and they all mention that this site uses FAKO scores. But if you visit their site now, it specifically mentions FICO sore 8 and FICO scores. Is this a new feature? Does anyone know? Has anyone had any experience with them recently? Good or bad experiences with this recent model? The old threads do not apply here and yes I have read a lot, if not all of them.

I really want to know something about this before I purchase it. All I have found out is that it is ran by Experian. It seems legit but I can't be sure...... opionions, thoughts please.

Starting Score: TU-470 4/11/19, EQ-482 4/11/19, EX-486 4/11/19
Current Score: TU-507 7/18/19, EQ-517 7/18/19, EX-508 7/18/19
Goal Score: TU-700, EQ-700, EX-700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need advice! Condused about this site

Things change across time.....

That being said, I checked out your link and it appears that it does give you the 3 bureau + FICO08 scores.  Note that it allows you only 3 reports per month, so you are paying $30/mo for 3 pulls which is far cheaper than getting 3 scores just once on this site.

I read the terms and conditions and it is a bit confusing because it only gets specific regarding the EX score.  But is states that you get "scores".

Anyone wanna be the GP on this?

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 17
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@Momof5 wrote:

Things change across time.....

That being said, I checked out your link and it appears that it does give you the 3 bureau + FICO08 scores.  Note that it allows you only 3 reports per month, so you are paying $30/mo for 3 pulls which is far cheaper than getting 3 scores just once on this site.

I read the terms and conditions and it is a bit confusing because it only gets specific regarding the EX score.  But is states that you get "scores".

Anyone wanna be the GP on this?

Thanks so much for your response! It can be nerve wrecking waiting to see if anyone will say anything. I would volunteer to be the guinea pig but I am just don't think I am proficient enough just yet in the terminology of this credit world yet. I wouldn't know what would be important to report or even understand half of what I am looking at. I am still learning after all these years. Shoot I just learned what the shopping cart trick was yesterday lol.

Message 3 of 17
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

OK so I actually read the entire terms and conditions https://www.creditchecktotal.com/terms-and-conditions which I am ashamed to say was my first time actually reading it.......and I truly believe I am more confused now than I was before I read it.

I want to believe that from what I read it is trying to say that the fico score 8 is only for Experian. but on the home page it shows pictures of scores from all three bureaus and it uses the plural form of the word FICOS indicating you will recieve more than one score.

But I can't be sure if it's a trick and you are getting more than one experian scores or if you are getting all three fico scores and this part here really got me:

These Terms and Conditions ("Terms and Conditions" or "Agreement") apply to all: (a) transactions between you and ConsumerInfo.com, Inc. ("CIC") through the https://www.creditchecktotal.co m website, including, but not limited to, your purchase of the membership based product known as CreditCheck®Total, and non-membership based Products known as the 3 Bureau Credit Report and FICO® Scores, and Experian Credit Report and FICO® Score; (b) your access to and use of the websites located at https://www.creditchecktotal.co m (the "Product(s)" and "Product Websites"); and (c) your access to and use of calculators, credit resources, text, pictures, graphics, logos, button items, icons, images, works of authorship and other information and all revisions, modifications, and enhancements thereto (the "Content").

Is that the same one that is offered here? hmmmmmmmmmm.......anyone?

Message 4 of 17
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Another credit website is reporting that the GP got only an EX the first time, but when they did another pull, they got all 3 FICO scores, so I guess this is a pretty good bargain.  Unless you have a need to babysit your reports daily, 3 pulls a month with real FICO scores should be all you should need to have!

The one caution is that the site is only giving the FICO8 score.  Some banks still use the older version which can vary significantly from the 08.  A mortgage score will differ as well.  For example, here are my scores from my last myfico pull:

TU08myfico.com729 24-AprMtg4 - 677Auto8 - 757 Auto4 - 693CC8 - 746CC4 - 676 

EX08myfico.com729 29-AprMtg2 - 648Auto8 - 745 Auto2 - 659CC8 - 727CC3 - 665CC2-660
EQ08myfico.com703 29-AprMtg5 - 660Auto8 - 729 Auto5 - 678CC8 - 704CC5 - 664 
Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 17
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@Momof5 wrote:

Another credit website is reporting that the GP got only an EX the first time, but when they did another pull, they got all 3 FICO scores, so I guess this is a pretty good bargain.  Unless you have a need to babysit your reports daily, 3 pulls a month with real FICO scores should be all you should need to have!

The one caution is that the site is only giving the FICO8 score.  Some banks still use the older version which can vary significantly from the 08.  A mortgage score will differ as well.  For example, here are my scores from my last myfico pull:

TU08myfico.com729 24-AprMtg4 - 677Auto8 - 757 Auto4 - 693CC8 - 746CC4 - 676 

EX08myfico.com729 29-AprMtg2 - 648Auto8 - 745 Auto2 - 659CC8 - 727CC3 - 665CC2-660
EQ08myfico.com703 29-AprMtg5 - 660Auto8 - 729 Auto5 - 678CC8 - 704CC5 - 664 

Woah! Those scores! I can only dream Cat Happy but I guess I will go ahead and give it a whirl, I will let you know what happens!

Message 6 of 17
jesseh
Frequent Contributor

It is indeed just another webpage owned by Experian Direct (or ConsumerInfo.com) It's just a copy page for this

I would say it looks like a good deal. just make sure to check the terms that you aren't subscribing to anything, if you are, cancel within a day or so by phone.

Cards: BCE 24k 5/'17 | CF 12k 10/'15 | IHG 12k 10/'15 | HH 6k 6/'18 | DS It 6k 3/'15 | TR 5k 11/'15
Scores: 760-770 | Inquiries: 0-1 | Utilization: 0-10% | AAoA: 3yrs | Bank: Ally | CU's: Navy & Pentagon
Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Service offering looks different than before, and the TOS updated May-30th. Appears similar to the MyFICO 3 bureau service, but with more frequent report pulls. MyFICO only allows one pull for all three bureaus each year, while that CreditCheck Total appears to allow 3 pulls per month! If true, that's a far better value, even when factoring in the $5 additional cost over MyFICO, for those seeking more frequent report access. Too early to say, but from a cursory glance, looks to be a winner!

MyFICO presumably still makes out good, since they license their formula / brand name to those other services, and likely doesn't care much whether one buys here or elsewhere...

Despite that, I still don't understand why MyFICO 3 bureau service is so limited given the increased reliance on credit reports for cards, loans, identity protection, etc. Heck, once or twice per month pulls would be a huge improvement. If and when MyFICO services includes more frequent pulls, I'll sign up. Until then, Experian gets my business - I already subscribe to their Credit Tracker service, featuring EX reports everyday with EX FICO 8 score.

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jesseh wrote:

It is indeed just another webpage owned by Experian Direct (or ConsumerInfo.com) It's just a copy page for this

I would say it looks like a good deal. just make sure to check the terms that you aren't subscribing to anything, if you are, cancel within a day or so by phone.

It's owned by Experian, but doesn't appear to be the same. CreditCheck Total offers report pulls with scores while the service you linked to looks to be more of a score monitoring service similar to MyFICO's 3 bureau offering. The service offerings are overly confusing, but that's, presumably, intentional. It's common for the same company to offer services through various channels; off-brand offerings sometimes being the better value. Much akin to how some seemingly generic / store brands are as good, or even better quality, than the higher priced branded product, since they're made by the same company. But I digress.

Message 9 of 17
izzesparks
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@jesseh wrote:

It's owned by Experian, but doesn't appear to be the same. CreditCheck Total offers report pulls with scores while the service you linked to looks to be more of a score monitoring service similar to MyFICO's 3 bureau offering. The service offerings are overly confusing, but that's, presumably, intentional. It's common for the same company to offer services through various channels; off-brand offerings sometimes being the better value. Much akin to how some seemingly generic / store brands are as good, or even better quality, than the higher priced branded product, since they're made by the same company. But I digress.

Well I will try to show screen shots of it if I am allowed to and can figure out how to do it lol, and will update as much as I can about the site! Thanks for all the input!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.