Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice: Credit Monitoring Services

tag
PastorH
Contributor

Need advice: Credit Monitoring Services

For some time, I've paid $9.95 a month for a subscription to True Credit (By TransUnion) which gives me scores for the three credit agencies.  After the great advice given on this forum, my three new cards in September, and understanding the importance of FICO, I don't know if I should continue with True Credit.  I am considering a subscription here (ScoreWatch maybe???).  As suggested here also, I've registered in Credt Karma.

Any advice as to TrueCredit and subscription here?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Need advice: Credit Monitoring Services

Message 2 of 5
PastorH
Contributor

sorry ... rookie mistake Smiley Embarassed

Message 3 of 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@PastorH wrote:

For some time, I've paid $9.95 a month for a subscription to True Credit (By TransUnion) which gives me scores for the three credit agencies.  After the great advice given on this forum, my three new cards in September, and understanding the importance of FICO, I don't know if I should continue with True Credit.  I am considering a subscription here (ScoreWatch maybe???).  As suggested here also, I've registered in Credt Karma.

Any advice as to TrueCredit and subscription here?

IMO, use myFICO products (or at least some product to gain access to your FICO) but also maintain a CMS from somewhere whereby you can gain access to your credit reports on a regular basis. Pulling a new report through myFICO will cost you $20. But there are some 3-in-1 CMSs out there that offer all 3 reports on a daily basis if that's what you wanted. IMO, just ignore the scores and advice offered. As you see changes to your reports and you want to know your score impact, then you can always selectively pull through myFICO and save $$$ that way.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.