cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice, i have done what i know. ( my report inside what would you do )

tag
Macchamps75
Regular Contributor

Need advice, i have done what i know. ( my report inside what would you do )

Ok guys i have done what i know and GW a lot of stuff.  I have went in to my reports and pulled all of the stuff that is bad and put it in this list. Tell me what you would do. I sent a GW to verizon they pulled off all reports but experian. It might come off that was a month ago. I went in and talked to the bank mgr about my 4 wheeler loan they said all the negative would be taken off this month. said if it was not to come back down and he woudl make sure it was. So tell me what you would do from here. Obviously i am working on the way to hight uti. should be paid down in 2 to 3 months. It is only 3k total on CC. Thanks for all your input.

Transunion 555

Capital one 104% UTI Now at 85 % since report was pulled

WAMO        105% UTI Now at 85 % since report was pulled

Personal loan 30 day late tried to GW

Sallie mae 90 day late ( account closed and paid in full ) date Mar 2007

Sallie mae Servicing shoes “ Unrated”  date last activity nov 2003 date closed may 2004

Verizon south last activity sept 2005

4 wheeler loan 30 day late ( Was told it will be taken off  this month due to gw)

One collection for a cell phone bill.  Date assigned June 2006.  Date reported June 2007. Paid the OC in June 2007 full amount.

Personal info:

Has a former name as my name spelled wrong

Current address is wrong

Employer is wrong

Equifax  532

Credit cards:

Personal loan 30 day late tried to gw

Sallie mae 90 day late ( account closed and paid in full )

4 wheeler loan (3) 30 day lates (1) 60 day late ( Was told it will be taken off  this month due to gw)

One collection for a cell phone bill. Date assigned June 2006.  Date reported Feb 2008 Paid the OC in NOV 2007 full amount. Shows last activity as NOV 2005

Personal info:

All correct

Experian 581

Credit cards:

Personal loan shows good standing no lates

Sallie mae has (2) items on report showing “account transferred to another office” showing the same account number one dated 9/2003 next was 11/2003

Sallie mae showing a different account number as 90 days late but paid in full

Verizon south land line ( This was pulled off all other reports due to GW ) dated 6/2005

4 wheeler loan (1) 30 day late ( Was told it will be taken off  this month due to gw)

One collection for a cell phone bill. Date assigned June 26 2006. no last activity or last reported dates.

Personal info:

Current address is wrong

No date of birth

Employer is wrong

*** EDITED post to show verizon account on first report ***

Message Edited by Macchamps75 on 04-13-2008 07:45 AM

Message Edited by Macchamps75 on 04-13-2008 07:45 AM
3/04/2008: TU 555 EQ 532 EX 581
9/25/2014: TU 563 EQ 691 EX 655

Cards: CO 1500CL, CO 500CL CU 5,000CL
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice, i have done what i know. ( my report inside what would you do )

What was the question?
Message 2 of 12
fishbjc
Senior Contributor

Re: Need advice, i have done what i know. ( my report inside what would you do )

Getting those cc paid down will help!  Keep sending the gw letters.

The collection for the phone bill...try to get that removed from your reports as that is hurting you.

Get that Verizon off of Experian!

Sallie Mae...that 90 day is a killer.  Try your best to gw that and keep at it!

Message 3 of 12
Macchamps75
Regular Contributor

thanks fish
Timothy I have a few questions

1.) how do i get the verizon off my other two accounts? I sent a gw and i guess it worked for one CR but not the others
2.) Does it help to update the personal info?
3.) How do i GW sallie mae? I have tried 13 times and still keep getting the letter saying "We can not change information that is correct" anybody have any good contacts?
4.)  On experian it shows two accounts for Sallie Mae that have 0 ballance that show "account transfered" should i try to get them removed? If so what is the best way? DV?
5.) I know the SOL in NC is 3 years. why are the dates on all of the reports for the collection of the cell phone diffrant or not listed?

And any other things you guys would do to help it out?
Thanks a lot guys i am almost there but got the last few items. myfico has helped me so much

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Macchamps75 wrote:
thanks fish
Timothy I have a few questions

1.) how do i get the verizon off my other two accounts? I sent a gw and i guess it worked for one CR but not the others

GW- is just GW Keep asking

2.) Does it help to update the personal info?

It helps in several ways- all TL's have addresses associated with them (update faster), makes applying easier (they all do address matching), when doing credit repair removing unknown and inaccutate addresses helps.

3.) How do i GW sallie mae? I have tried 13 times and still keep getting the letter saying "We can not change information that is correct" anybody have any good contacts?

Read up on the Higher Education Act- They are required to report accurate- it seems that the HEA no longer applies when the balance is paid. SL's also have no SOL.

4.)  On experian it shows two accounts for Sallie Mae that have 0 ballance that show "account transfered" should i try to get them removed? If so what is the best way? DV?

You don't DV OC's (only CA's) What is the real status is of these accounts?

5.) I know the SOL in NC is 3 years. why are the dates on all of the reports for the collection of the cell phone diffrant or not listed?

Collections should be using the original DOFD of the account that went DQ.  SOL has nothing to do with reporting time limit (CRTP) Cell phones have a 2 year SOL by Federal law.

And any other things you guys would do to help it out?
Thanks a lot guys i am almost there but got the last few items. myfico has helped me so much

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has a former name as my name spelled wrong

Current address is wrong

Employer is wrong

fax or CMRRR  any CRA that is reporting inaccurate NAME and ADDY  copy D/l SS card and a bill in your name at that addy.  I would not change the employer info.

Dispute with CRA  that is still reporting   *not mine*

.) How do i GW sallie mae? I have tried 13 times and still keep getting the letter saying "We can not change information that is correct" anybody have any good contacts?

Make sure that you are mailing to the address from CR      I do not enough about SL  Someone else might be able to give more info.

.) How do i GW sallie mae? I have tried 13 times and still keep getting the letter saying "We can not change information that is correct" anybody have any good contacts?

Bal $0   doesn't hurt  unless it has baddies and went to a CA

Late payments hurt for the firat 2 years!  

Federal SOL on cell phones is 2 years!     If this is a CA  DV  CMRRR

Your CC UTIL are way too high.......FICO sees  50&  30 % and the best is under 10%. FICO also likes  some CCs with bal $0                

Message 6 of 12
Macchamps75
Regular Contributor

Here is what i got off the experian account for the sallie mae At the bottom they show as payments defered ( While i was in school )

Status as of [?] May, 2004 Date opened [?] Nov, 2003 Date of last activity [?] May, 2004 Date of last payment [?] Not Reported Date closed [?] Not Reported Account number [?] XXXXXXXXX1016 Loan type [?] Education Loan Credit limit [?] Not Reported Largest past balance [?] Not Reported Terms [?] Not Reported Account Type [?] Installment Account holder [?] Individual Scheduled payment amount [?] Not Reported Account status [?] Account is Inactive

I did a search and came up with 7 years on the reporting limit after it is paid. The account is paid but i still would like to not have a collection posted on my account even if it says paid. I guess all i can do is GW the cell phone company till they get sick of hearing from me.

Thanks for the help on the GW for sallie mae. Its good to know that they do not have to report it after it has been paid. Mine has been paid for a year. i had a 90 day late for a 5 dollar fee i had they did not tell me about. It showed up so i paid it. But now that it is paid maybe i can see if they will take it away. let me know if you have a good way to word the GW after being paid

Message Edited by Macchamps75 on 04-13-2008 11:29 AM

Message Edited by Macchamps75 on 04-13-2008 11:37 AM

Message 7 of 12
Macchamps75
Regular Contributor

thanks a lot happydays. I will look for the fax number to the CA's to change my personal info. I will send out another batch of GW's tomorrow. If i dispute the Verizon on my other reports can there be a negative reaction to my reports? I will let the other sallie mae reports stay since they are not hurting anything. Thanks again for all of your help.

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If verizon comes back after dispute as  verified send the CRA an MOV  CMRRR
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Looks like you have gotten some great advice so far.  Just a note from my personal experience, I have had more luck having items removed from a CR by disputing the report dates.  FCRA requires correct report dates or the CA can be fined over $1200 per incorrect date.  I used one of letters included in these forums and just reminded the CA of these fines (as provided for by law) and requested corrections be made or the item be deleted.  I am now getting the letters that they are being deleted.  These are the same CA I have disputed for different reasons in the past and this seems to be the angle that is working for me.
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.