cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on NATIONAL RELIEF PROGRAM

tag
blackdia

Need advice on NATIONAL RELIEF PROGRAM

I have a well Fargo credit card that's charging me 23.9% on a balance that's $6479.00. If I pay min. payment that is $198.00 a month that will take me 25 years to pay it off. I looked up NATIONAL RELIEF .COM they said they could lower my balance to about 55% They gave me a free estimate. I also included 3 more cards a total of $12,701.00 lowered to $6.900.00. They said I would pay them $273.00 and be paid off in 3 years .He said my score will fall but will raise when it shows 0 balance.SO, IM ASKING FOR ADVICE ,SHOULD I GO FOR IT ?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Need advice on NATIONAL RELIEF PROGRAM

Hi and welcome to the forums.

Personally, I would not do it.  All they do is get a settlement amount and that is what you would pay.  They would also charge you to do it.  I also do not know about how legit a company they are.  I have seen where people have entered into debt management progams and ended up with worse credit than before.

You can do the same thing yourself for free.

Call each CCC and see what they can do for you.  Any type of payment plan will more than likely lower your score.

Message 2 of 5
blackdia

Thanks for your advice guiness56 I will try that first. I've got a 690 eq. and a 697 tu. and I want to hit the 700's.

Message 3 of 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

You won't hit the 700s for years to come if you ever try to settle. You'll be lucky if you pass 600 two years out if you use a firm like that. The CCCs would first hit you with a 30 day-60-90-120 day lates and then they'll charge-off and then maybe be open to settling. Some CCs won't and then you have CAs to deal with, potential judgments, etc. Even if they agreed to settle before charging you off, the lates would drop the score and once settled, they'll mark each account with a "settled" comment and that's just as bad as a charge-off per your score. And as mentioned, you would have to pay a big price too and not every settlement company forwards the money to the creditor. Some keep it and use your money to offset the communications with the creditors and to pay themselves first. Settlement firms are a big target of regulators and lawmakers for their shady practices. Even if the firm is upstanding, a CCC, like WF, will mark you late every month if the minimum payment isn't met, even if you entered into an agreement with them.

If a higher score and lower debt is your goal, the best bet is to rebudget and increase your income while decreasing expenses. Tear up the cards, if spending on them is an issue, and throw extra to pay them off. IMO, pay the lowest balances first. FICO likes to see $0 balances and your score would increase faster. Cut out any unneeded expenses like hobbies, subscriptions, cable, movies, or going out to eat. Increase your income with a second or third job if needed. I bet you can pay off that Wells Fargo debt by this time next year. No doubt.

Message 4 of 5
blackdia

Thanks to you guys I am convinced not to take that rout.Smiley Happy This is my first time that I post a message on Fico Forums and I'm glad I did just panicked and I'm frustrated for not getting any where. I have paid my bills on time for the past 7 years and still this cc's don't cut you any slack. Smiley HappyWF is saying no deal right now because I got carried away with my inquiries last year in Nov. and Dec. Besides they use Experian.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.