Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on dealing with Credit Report issue

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice on dealing with Credit Report issue

Hi!

I need some help on how to deal with Equifax for them to fix my credit report.

6 months ago my bank told me that they can't get my Equifax credit report. So I contacted Equifax and got a credit report from them. The credit report only had my car loan and nothing else. It also had my birth year listed as 2012. I spoke them about and they required me to send them my driver's license and they would fix it.

Fast forward to a couple weeks ago. I got another Equifax credit report. My DOB is correct, but now, it only lists 2 credit cards, and one closed account. My car loan is missing. What is also missing are 8 other active credit cards and some closed accounts. All my student loans are also missing (15 accounts). 

I dug up my Equifax credit report from 2 years ago, that report had all my accounts listed, except my car loan. 

I have spoken to 8 people so far at Equifax and I am beyond frustrated. First, they told me that the credit card companies aren't reporting it to them and that I need to call them. I called my student loan servicer and Citi bank, Chase bank, AmEx, all of them said they are reporting to Equifax. Then they told me my credit report from 2015 that had all my accounts (except car loan) doesn't exist. The new person said it does exist but they can't look at it until I send them my driver's license. I faxed them my driver's license with a letter as they requested over and over again, and they keep saying they didn't get anything. Also, not trying to be rude, but these people that I speak with each time seem very dumb. 

There seems to be no single credit report that has all my accounts on one report. I don't know how credit reports work, but right now there seems to be one credit report with my car loan only, one report with my 2 active accounts, and another with everything else. 

I am not sure how to proceed. Any recommendations?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Need advice on dealing with Credit Report issue

Sounds like you have a split file, but I don't know how you can get it fixed.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@rmduhon wrote:
Sounds like you have a split file, but I don't know how you can get it fixed.

I didn't know such a thing existed. I researched it and it sounds exactly like what I have. I found some other numbers for Equifax and I will call those numbers tomorrow and see if someone will help me there.

Thanks!

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same problem. One of their more informed reps sent a request to their tech dept to merge my files; they said it would take 48-72 hours to update. I haven't had any issues since.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I had the same problem. One of their more informed reps sent a request to their tech dept to merge my files; they said it would take 48-72 hours to update. I haven't had any issues since.

Awesome. Thank you. Hopefully, I can get someone who is well informed also.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.