cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice on how to handle chargeoff reporting differently on each of the CRA's

tag
mipema
Contributor

Need advice on how to handle chargeoff reporting differently on each of the CRA's

Okay, I have a negative account on my credit report(s), but it reports differently on each of the CRA's.

TU reports the account as closed as of 6/2002. DOLA 1/2005 (settled for less than full balance)
EQ reports the account as inactive, with no reported closed date. DOLA 6/2002 (paid chargeoff)
EX reports it as an open account with no reported closed date. DOLA 4/2007 (with a CO as of 4/2007)

How do I know which one of these is reporting correctly - if any? I think TU may have the most accurate information for this account. I am positive that the account is no longer open, and that EX is definitely reporting incorrectly. I am not sure where they got the chargeoff of 4/2007 from. At the very latest, I paid this in Jan 2005 (but I honestly believe I paid in 6/2002). So, how should I go about cleaning this up?

Thanks.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Re: Need advice on how to handle chargeoff reporting differently on each of the CRA's

Maybe try a GW.  I had somewhat the same issues with collection/charge-off accounts not being reported closed and/or an incorrect date.  Imagine my surprise when I got a new SW to see if my score went up and saw a 12 pt drop.  One account has changed the DOLA to being charged off at the time I paid it off but now shows it is closed.  The other account has actually changed the DOLA to CO last year and has not shows it as closed.  This account was paid almost two years ago, but now it will show as a "recent" item again.  Good luck

Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 2 of 4
mipema
Contributor

Re: Need advice on how to handle chargeoff reporting differently on each of the CRA's

dragnldy wrote:
  Maybe try a GW.  I had somewhat the same issues with collection/charge-off accounts not being reported closed and/or an incorrect date.  Imagine my surprise when I got a new SW to see if my score went up and saw a 12 pt drop.  One account has changed the DOLA to being charged off at the time I paid it off but now shows it is closed.  The other account has actually changed the DOLA to CO last year and has not shows it as closed.  This account was paid almost two years ago, but now it will show as a "recent" item again.  Good luck

Thanks for the reply dragnldy.  Did you receive those SW alerts as a result of a GW letter?  I was thinking that I would write a DV letter, but then again, I am not nearly as knowlegeable as many of the others on this board.

Any additional input is welcomed.
Message 3 of 4
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

No, I didn't send out a GW.  I mailed disputes with my own information as to when everything was CO, DOFD, and when they were paid in full and should be closed.  I did finally get a couple of them fixed correctly, but am still arguing a couple more.  Fortunately, I keep "too much" paperwork and know the exact dates of all pay-offs and such.
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.