Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need advice

Well I went to pull my credit reports through TC this morning. When it completes the update it tells me it can't access my EQ report. So it shows me the scores for EX and TU but won't display any of the credit reports themselves. I was doing some reading on CIC and thought it might be a split file so I came here and ordered my EQ Fico score. That worked fine. Shows all the information that should be there including a couple updates to disputes I had made and gives me my new score. Then I logged into my EQ account and tried to see if I could submit a dispute. I got a message stating that their system was down and I couldn't submit it online but they gave me the option to do it by e-mail. The only reason I wanted to see if I could dispute something was to make sure there was nothing wrong with my file. So if I go pull a TC tomorrow and it does the same thing, is this a TC issue or should I contact EQ?

BTW since coming here and spending TONS of hours reading I have managed a 50pt jump in my EQ and EX score and about 20pts with some major disputes still pending with TU. You guys have been absolutely great. Now my current scores are TU 596 (pending dispute results) EX 627 pending 2 disputes and 1 account update and EQ 623 pending a couple smaller disputes. I estimate that when all is said and done I should be in the 630-640 range on all 3 reports. A major bump from 550s across the board in January when I first started looking at them.

Now for my last question.....

I came across a husband and wife "company". They are based in Washington state. I spoke to the husband and he seemed knowledable and professional. He basically told me they would go after every negative TL on my reports for 365 calendar days for a fee of $500. Now I've done 85%+ of the repair I NEED to do but I have an IRS tax lien from my last home that reports to all 3 CRAs. It is valid, I have disputed it and all 3 CRAs changed it from not paid to paid as of Jun 05. The husband told me that he has had an 85-95% success rate in getting liens, judgements and BKs off of his 400+ clients reports (valid or not) within the first 120 days of his service and that only 5 clients have actually gone out to 1 year with most getting their desired results in 4-6 months. I've actually read a couple clients of this "company" sing his praises. So the $500 question is does anybody think this is even possible?
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advice

Be very careful. You would be trusting a complete stranger with your personal information with the hopes that things will get better. BE VERY CAREFUL!!
Message 2 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

True but at the same time it is an actual company. I did a BBB search in Washington State and didn't see any complaints filed against them. I know that doesn't make it unfallable. I haven't paid any money yet and haven't given any of my info to them yet either. They did ask that I provide passwords for TC and each time a new CR is sent to me from a dispute that it be sent to them within 2 weeks. I'm being cautious and trying to do due dillagence.
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

something just don't sound right about this company. I would be concerned before i put in $500.
Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Do not walk away from this opportunity.

RUN.

Not only is this a likely identity theft looking for a place to happen, what that "company" advises will not only fail, but make your credit situation harder to deal with. If you have TLs that do not belong on your credit reports, you can dispute them for the price of half an hour of your time and postage. Disputing everything will get you flagged as a fraudulent disputer, and if anything does get erroneously added to your CR down the line, it will be much harder to remove.
Message 5 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

So the tax lien is basically the only significant negative left? Do you know what the DOFD (date of first delinquency) was, or do any of the CRs indicate when that item will drop off? When do you next plan to apply for a mortgage or auto loan?

It seems like it would be too easy to pay the $500, wait 120 days or a year, and then be told, "sorry you were one of the 15% we couldn't help". Since the lien is valid, it would seem especially unlikely that the CRAs could be manipulated into removing it.
Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I googled "remove public records" and this is the first link that came up:

http://wiki.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_remove_a_bankruptcy_from_your_credit_report

Here is the last paragraph from this little posting:

Here, I have been overwhelmed with helping people and am being flooded. Since the last post above, 2 people have had BK's removed from 2 of the 3 bureaus. Let me give you the email of the person who got my BK removed. Hands down he is the best around at cleaning up a credit report and removing the "hard" stuff. His name is Frank Ulrich and his email is: showood@comcast.net His wife and himself have devoted their lives in helping people clean up their reports and I am telling you they do AMAZING things. You can still reach me at dscservices@comcast.net but I am now referring everyone out to Frank as he and his wife do this for a living. They removed my BK and that in itself says enough. Good luck!

I e-mailed him then called him at the number he e-mailed back to me and he followed my call up with a return call. The caller ID showed the same name as his e-mail display name. I believe that Frank and his wife are real people and they have their own company. I'm not so much worried about the $500 as to me it's like investing in a little higher risk stock/mutual fund. You either hit a home run and make lots of money or you lose your investment. I'm more concerned that either I lose my personal info or the CRAs flag me and I pretty much can't dispute anything without a letter from God.
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Do not walk away from this opportunity.

RUN.

Not only is this a likely identity theft looking for a place to happen, what that "company" advises will not only fail, but make your credit situation harder to deal with. If you have TLs that do not belong on your credit reports, you can dispute them for the price of half an hour of your time and postage. Disputing everything will get you flagged as a fraudulent disputer, and if anything does get erroneously added to your CR down the line, it will be much harder to remove.

I like the way you put it TNWM. I would run too. Perhaps faster than a track star.
Message 8 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Revike,

I had a VERY tough year in 2003. I lost my job, my wife left and the small $5k savings we had got wiped out in a car repair. Almost had a foreclosure and had to sell the house. Had the car repod and then sold. All of my baddies are now paid or I disputed and had them removed except the lien and an old Nicor gas bill. I'm waiting on a PFD letter I sent them. It was only $868 and I offered 50%.

I would like to get in a house later this year or early next year if possible. I had a decent year last year and was able to buy a decent car in cash (8k ish) as well as have enough to payoff about 9k worth of my debt (maybe about 4-5k in actual payments).
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

TNWM, The latter of your comments is what I'm really worried about.....
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.