Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need advise with credit

tag
haapril
Contributor

Need advise with credit

hi I am trying to improve my credit, but it seems to not be improving one bit. I have had a mortage/car paymet over the last three years and never late. I have no credit card, but just a target card that I had a 30 day late pay in june, but is now current. I had a 120 day late on my student loan this year, but is now current this year with a balance of 1400 which in deferment. Will be paid off by january. I recently had 12 negatives on all of my report and by disputes I got a total of 7 removed. the five that are left are all pid in full collection that are curent. I recently applied for a credit card and approved so, hopefully that get my credit up. BUt I don't know what else to do. Doses anyone has any advise?
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need advise with credit

Hello haapril and welcome to the boards. You need to post this over in the rebuilding forum with your current scores and derog info to get specific advise. Start with GW letter for the lates & paid collections to be removed. CC will help with your mix and build your scores, be patient.
Message 2 of 3
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: Need advise with credit

What is the balance and credit limit on your Target card.  if it is > 9%, paying it down will help your score.  Like Bran said, check out GW.  Since you have a major derog on your CR (like me), time will fix that  but it will take 7 years unless the GW works.   Keep paying on time and your credit will improve.  2 year year clean history could get you the credit you need even if your score doesnt improve much.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.