Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need an opnion on counter offer letter

tag
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Need an opnion on counter offer letter

JMO but I would stick with a standard PFD letter.  I personally would not want to document any sort of agreement that may have been recorded, implied or otherwise.  As mentioned, let them put the acceptance on their own letterhead.  Also, the last line can very well get you into trouble.  Though you can allude to it, you cannot tell them that they will only get paid if they delete.  It's illegal.  Just dropping the 'Only' fixes that.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 11 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need an opnion on counter offer letter

OT for for OP but I like blunt

"Paying this is of no benefit to me unless it is deleted from my CR.   Since the SOL expired on ______, there is no legal way for your company to collect on this debt unless I choose to pay it.  I am willing to have it reported until ___________.  You have the choice to accept my terms or have this remain an uncollectable debt."

Message Edited by Lady_Scarlet on 01-10-2008 07:01 PM
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.