Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help deciding on monitoring.....

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: Need help deciding on monitoring.....

Thank you everyone for responding!!!Smiley Happy A lot of great here to help me decide!Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 13
bada_bing
Frequent Contributor

I don't know if the issue has been fixed, but MyFICO couldn't provide monitoring

service to frozen accounts. I always considered it odd that the maintainer of the

FICO algorythm was technically unable to do what is clearly allowed and has been

easily done by CCT and CreditKarma all along. The attempt and failure of MyFICO

CSRs to set up monitoring on my frozen accounts left a negative opinion with me.

I use CreditCheckTotal for the $15 per month rate. I've had good service and no complaints.

I probably will cancel it by April or May. I don't have any plans that will change my score

for this year. 

I am a proponent of freezing reports as normal practice. A budget credit security/monitoring plan

is to freeze reports and use CK for reports and Amex/Barclays for occasional FICO8 scores. That

is what I will be doing by this summer.

+ 850 FICO8 since 2015, Thanks MyFICO - 5+ years since last HP
Message 12 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

I only really use CK for TU and EQ report data with weekly updates.  Haven't found a solution I've liked for EX yet.  If I need to view softs or pull EX then I'll use the Annual Credit Report site and pay as needed for additional pulls.  FICO's I'm not really worried about and just pull as needed but I have several cards offering different models and CRA's.

Don't overlook existing discussions as a resource.  Monitoring services are a common topic.  CCT is popular for the price, frequency of pulls (EX is more often than the other 2, IIRC) and FICO 8's.  Unless you have banking products that provide FICO's you're probably going to have to pay for them.  If you need/want them then be aware of the different models and what each service provides (and does not provide).

Also make sure you understand how each service works.  Some services offer fixed intervals for updates.  myFICO, for example, is trigger based for alerts/updates though report access is on fixed intervals.  If you're considering myFICO then make sure you understand the triggers and that not all activity with a scoring impact is a trigger.

http://myfico.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/463/~/understanding-what-triggers-fico%C2%AE-3-bu...

@pizza1 wrote:

Id like to have a monitoring where I can do everything...monitor everything, and pull a report (thats accurrate), but for a decent price.  I dont want to spend $$$$ to do this. 

There are pros and cons to each option and it's up to you to determine which is a best fit based on your requirements and priorties.  Everyone wants everything for nothing but we all have to compromise here and there.  If you want to monitor all 3 then you may need to use a paid service.  As I said, if you want FICO's you may need to pay.

Define "decent".  It's a highly subjective word.  Give us a budget -- a number or a range.

@tussking wrote:

Clealry CCT is by far the best option.

Best is also always highly subjective, regardless of topic.  Never assume that best for you is best for everyone.  Requirements, preferences, buggets, etc,  This is not a one-size-fits-all matter.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.