Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help from the late shift here about an account on CR

tag
greekjim
Contributor

Need help from the late shift here about an account on CR

I was wondering why is the current status stating this is 120+ days past due even though it was paid in Jan. 2007. What should I dispute this as? It says it is paid and the account is closed so how is it currently 120+ pass due?
EQ- 727 5/12/10
TU- 746 5/12/10
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
dragnldy
Regular Contributor

Re: Need help from the late shift here about an account on CR

Good question.  I'd like to know the answer, too.  I have two paid collections that are also showing that.
Ficos
3/7/08 TU-646 EQ-640 EX-650
3/17/09 TU-678 EQ 666
3/20/12 TU- 760 EQ 785
Util almost 0 and baddies all gone! now to gardening!
Message 2 of 7
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

I would call the CRA's and advise them to fix it. I am sure they would have no issues fixing that for you.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

ngerasimatos wrote:
I would call the CRA's and advise them to fix it. I am sure they would have no issues fixing that for you.

I'm hoping that you were meaning to make a joke.

CRA's earn their money from those who report to them, not from us consumers. We have to prove things to them and sometimes even threaten to sue to get them to comply with the law, all the CA has to do is tell them something and it might as well be set in stone as far as they are concerned.
Message 4 of 7
ngerasimatos
Valued Contributor

He said he paid it and they are reporting it as 120 days past due. It seems simple to resolve via the phone.
Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value
Albert Einstein 1879 - 1955

800+ Club
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

ngerasimatos wrote:
He said he paid it and they are reporting it as 120 days past due. It seems simple to resolve via the phone.

How are the CRA's to know he paid it? If it was that simple, everyone could call up and say they paid account # xyz, please mark paid.

The OP stated that the account is marked paid, but still says 120+ days past due.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is this the OC or a CA reporting?

I have a Ford account that has been paid for over 2 years, but it says "Paid, Pays 30 days late" because I had so many lates on it during the time it was open.

They can leave that b/c I did pay 30 days late when the account was open.

However, if it was a CA reporting that same thing, I'd be fighting it b/c I never had a payment plan with the CA, so how could I be late?

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.