cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help get rid of baddies and apply to some credit cards ASAP

tag
declo2000

Need help get rid of baddies and apply to some credit cards ASAP

Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum, but ever since I've been reading the posts on here, I've learned a lot and I find it very informative.Here's my situation:
Back in 09/07, I decided I wanted to buy a house so I checked my report, and at that time my score were EQ 544, EX 560 TU 559
Never had a credit card before that, had a auto loan trough CU since 11/02, paid that off in 07/04 but had some lates on it ( 30's and a couple 60's).
Had a new auto loan since 01/07, never been late , always paid on time,. here's how my baddies were:
BoA: 1081$ since 08/04 ( overdraft account)
CU : 1475$ since 09/06 ( overdraft account )
SPRINT: 606$ since 01/07
Medical 107 $ since 06/03 ( don't know were that one came from )
Time warner Cable : 142$ paid ( balance 0$ , but still showing)
I wanted to pay them off right away, but the broker who was helping me get the house told me not to worry about them ,needed to concentrate on building my score up, so he told me to get 2 or 3 CC first, I went and got 2.
1 secured ( orchard : 300.00 limit)
1 unsecured ( Continental : 300.00 limit), didn't care about the fees
My utli 5% on both, so here I am on 03/08
my scores: EQ: 667, EX : 685, TU : 675
I'm closing on my house in 2 weeks( YES!!!!!)
My question is how do I get rid of thoses baddies without them hurting my score?? and since I'm getting the house, what kind of big prime CCC ( Citi, Chase, Amex.....) might be willing to approve me with a decent CL ( 2000 or more ),I'm planning on going on appl sprees the same day I'm closing on my house. Will need at least 2 or 3 more CCn not for shopping just to have better Uti %, thinking about apply for Home Depot or lowes ( I prefer Lowes but tell me which one might give me a chance), sears's also on my list as well as Best Buy or Circuit City.
Please let me know what are my chances on these CC.
I live in NC , I forgot I also had some Inq back in 01/07 when I was shopping for my car ( someone told me It count for one only ), the recent Inq are My mortgage company and Dollar rent( didn't know that they pull you report each time  you rent car  with a check card......) 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help get rid of baddies and apply to some credit cards ASAP

Gonna send this to general... probably get more help there.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.