Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help to improve Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help to improve Credit Score

Hey Guys 

So I could need some adivse about what to do next. I am still kinda new to Credit Cards.

my FICO score is 703

yearly income 72k

Discover it Card 1800 Limit 

Capital One Platinum 400 Limit 

BoA Secured "8 months old" 300 Limit 

I use all 3 of those cards each month and stay below 20% of their limits and pay it off in full after the closing date. I know this is not enough to keep improving my credirt score, so I am trying to figure out what else I could do. I think this fall I will apply for a Barclays Apple card to buy a new Macbook Pro and pay it off over 3-4 months. Will that help at all? I do not have a car loan as of right now, might be buying something new once my score improves a little. 

Any Advice would be highly appreciated 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Berk
Established Contributor

Re: Need help to improve Credit Score

Go back and reread the answers posted to your question from two months ago:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Get-another-Card-or-wait/m-p/4914707

Take the advice of the posters, and you will be fine.

Message 2 of 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Need help to improve Credit Score

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Guys 

So I could need some adivse about what to do next. I am still kinda new to Credit Cards.

my FICO score is 703

yearly income 72k

Discover it Card 1800 Limit 

Capital One Platinum 400 Limit 

BoA Secured "8 months old" 300 Limit 

I use all 3 of those cards each month and stay below 20% of their limits and pay it off in full after the closing date. I know this is not enough to keep improving my credirt score, so I am trying to figure out what else I could do. I think this fall I will apply for a Barclays Apple card to buy a new Macbook Pro and pay it off over 3-4 months. Will that help at all? I do not have a car loan as of right now, might be buying something new once my score improves a little. 

Any Advice would be highly appreciated 

1. In maintaining your 3 cards, have 2 cards report a zero balance when the statement cuts, with the 3rd card reporting a small (sub-10%) balance.

2. The Apple card won't help you.

3. You can take out a small share secured loan with Alliant Credit Union, which will help your scores: Join Alliant Credit Union, take out a $500+ savings account, take out a $500 share secured loan secured by the savings account with a 48 or 60 month term, decline or cancel autopay, transfer $455 from the savings account towards the loan balance bringing the balance down to $45. Pay that off slowly over the balance of the term. Once the $45 balance reports the positive effects will be felt. On the downside, you will be getting a new account, which has a slightly negative effect on your scores.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.