Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help want to payoff old debts without filing bankruptcy

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help want to payoff old debts without filing bankruptcy

About a month ago I was going to file bankruptcy however I would now rather pay off my debts and go from there. I went to equifax and looked at, negative accounts, collections and public records. Im going to be sending a letter to each one and trying to negotiate a payoff the thing im worried about is that if i start paying off the debts what if a collections place from say 3 years back ends up going on my report? To tell you the truth I thought I had one more account that was outstanding but its not showing up so is there any way to make sure of what I owe?
Thank you for any input.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help want to payoff old debts without filing bankruptcy

uh nobody
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help want to payoff old debts without filing bankruptcy

Do not send a letter to negotiate a pay off amount to any collection account. How do you know that the CA currently has the right to collect on that account? You need to send them a DV letter first. Once they validate the debt, send them a PFD. You can negotiate the payment with the PFD. Start with the collections that are past your states SOL.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.