Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with Cap 1.. . .please. . ..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with Cap 1.. . .please. . ..

I sent a PFD letter to Cap 1 and used the account # provided on my credit report.  It was a long list of numbers ending in xxxx.  I do not have the complete account number only what is listed on my report.    They responded and said that they had checked the account and could not do a PFD.  I then sent them a copy of that letter and an additional letter asking them for the balance on the account.  I received a reply that they account could not be located with only the numbers listed on my report ending in xxxx and wanted me to supply them with the account number.  Well I don't have that.  Then they also wanted my hubbys ss number so that they could try and located it.  What do I do now?  This is reporting as closed, but also open and adding lates every month.  It is not due to fall off for another year or so.  Should I send them the information that they want?  The only information that I could provide is hubbys ss, as I do not even know what they account number is or was.  This is also in collections with a CA.  Help.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SmartCookie
Valued Contributor

Re: Need help with Cap 1.. . .please. . ..

Are you only talking about 1 account... that was DH's Cap1? Or two accounts?

They can find it... tsk on them though I do like them.

You can get the full account number pulling from annualcreditreport.com if the person is due for the free annual FACTA report.

You can also get the full account number by pulling a CBR directly from the CRA where the account is listed.

As well, opening a dispute up on TU (I think EX as well) will list the full account number.  Write down the dispute# so you have it... you do not have to actually continue to dispute anything.
EQ 787 EX 781 TU 737 11/17/07 *** I am not an attorney. If I was, I might not clip coupons. If you want legal advice, consult an attorney. If you want my personal opinion, feel free to consider my posts***
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

HUbby only has one account.  Where can I find the complete account number?  I have looked on my credit report and it only gives a partial account number and then the last four numbers are x's. What is pulling a CBR?

Message Edited by smooshiesmom on 01-04-2008 12:03 PM
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

You do not need a complete account #. Send then a letter asking for complete account inf. They are not mandated to send it but they might...........IF the account is only in DH name,  that is the name and SS #  that Cap1 shows it.  IF you were an AU they will not give you the info!!!!  It will show on your CR and can be deleted by a simple dispute.

What is the SOL on this?   If not past SOL you will need to be ready to PIF. 

Send a DV   CMRRR to the CA

A PFD is sent after you receive an answer (they must answer within 30 days)  NEVER talk to a CA on the phone....NEVER sign a DV  just type your name!!!!!
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.