Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with GEMB/JCP account which is not mine

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with GEMB/JCP account which is not mine

I applied for a loan with Citifinancial today and was turned down because my report shows that I have an account with GEMB/JCP that is 120 days past due. The person taking my app thought that this is a J.C. Penney credit card account. I don't know anything about what it might be and it is not mine. I subscribe to Scorepower and my report shows nothing about this. Does anyone know if this really is a J.C. Penney account? I have never even had a credit card with them. Any advice on how to find out about this and how to fight it would be greatly appreciated.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Miner
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need help with GEMB/JCP account which is not mine

That is how my old JCPenny card shows up on my reports.  Since its not showing on the report you got from score watch, then it must be on one of the other 2 CRAs.  You can either buy the other 2 reports here or go pull all 3 of your free annual credit reports from the CRAs (annualcreditreport.com) since you can get them for free once a year (no scores though).  You'll see anything (including soft inquiries) on those reports.
Current FICO8: EQ:782, TU:754, EX:767 | 1x 30 day late 6yrs ago
AAoA: 10 years; AAoOA: 13 months; Credit Length: 21 years
INQ Eq: 3 / Tu: 5 (4 for auto) / Ex: 9 (5 for auto)
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.