Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with budgeting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help with budgeting

Good morning, all.  Eve here.  I know this is off topic, but I wanted to know who would I contact professionally, I guess to help me with budgeting?  Since the new mtg. payment is kicking in, I get lost trying to figure that huge amount in with our finances.

Any suggestions would be acceptable..

Thanks
Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: Need help with budgeting

Have you tried a simple excel spreadsheet?  You can put all you regular monthly payments in, and figure out how much you have left for minor items like food and gas  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't think there's need to pay anybody for this. I got myself an excel spreadsheet where i keep track of my CC balances as well as all expenses. I even have a worksheet where I know what date will I be paying off a creditor and/or other bills, for two months in future. It has helped me alot in getting current with my budgeting.

Message 3 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do have a spreadsheet going, but with this new payment, it is going to take a lot from our budget and my problem comes in as to who is going to get paid and who will not and this is going to mess me up with my credit repair journey.  

E
Message 4 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you have stable income coming in each month, I am sure you can squeeze this new payment into your speadsheets and see how it fits in.
Message 5 of 23
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Message 6 of 23
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Excel is all you need. Trust me. My plan of attack over the last few years was to have everything at a glance - I'm talkking every pay period for about 9 months out with excactly what's getting paid and when. I look at this every day and move things around as needed, but it's my plan and I STICK to it. In doing this, I have created a system that works for me and I've reached my goal of paying things off. Now I use my spreadsheet to continue to manage my $ and save whereever possible and to pay more than my monthly amts when possible. I couldn't live it without it. I wouldn't have been able to achieve my goals if I wasn't obsessed with sticking to it. Nothing fancy, just columns listing everything and adding. Nothing fancy.
Message 7 of 23
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Be as obsessive about budgeting as about FICO scores  Smiley Happy
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all. 
Message 9 of 23
jru577
New Contributor

Maybe start over with a new spreadsheet? Mine is organized with all the creditors and the payment amount that is due and the dates in three columns. Like this:

Bill Amt Next Due
Chase 1100 16-Aug

Putting the due dates helped me to organize "which paycheck" that bill will come out of. So in the example above, I'll pay that bill online with my Aug. 15th paycheck (I know it's cutting it close!) Also, don't forget that you can ask creditors to move your payment due dates to help better organize things. Also, and I'm sure you've thought about this, add up all your fixed expenses to see how much you will have left for the non-fixed.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.