Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with budgeting

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help with budgeting

That is a good idea.  I have called our ccc's and asked that they put our cards on due dates of the 17th.  I only get paid every 45 days and my husband every two weeks.  This is what's causing our problem.  I am self-employed so income is up and down and not so consistent.  I am thinking of working at night just to make enough to pay off some of the low balance cards.

Message 11 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

A second job is a gift - only a few people see that. So good for you!
Message 12 of 23
Gotagoal
Regular Contributor

Indeed! My second job on the weekends as a clown has really help me achieve my goals. Whatever it is, a 2nd job is a blessing. In my case, it just happened to be a very fun job! Smiley Happy You can do it!
Message 13 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

my second job is on the weekends as well and since i love electronics, I like it. and it pays me really good too. Only thing is that summer is slow so I don't have any work until October or so when the holiday season start to kick in.
Message 14 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I guess I better get to looking, need that $700-$800 like now.
Message 15 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Check out the great website and forums at http://www.savingadvice.com.
Message 16 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm starting a third job shortly!Smiley Surprised
Message 17 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks all!!!
Message 18 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use Quicken and have used microsoft money. Both are phenomenal options and have debt eliminator programs and cost as little as 19.95. A worhty investment.
Message 19 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

I use MS Money, and let me tell you, it's a life saver!  If you have bought a new Gateway or Dell computer within the past 5 years or so, you may have already gotten a free copy that you can use.  It not only tracks your checking, savings, revolving, and installment accounts (when you set them up), it will also learn your spending habits, and automatically remind you of payments coming up, creates reports that detail what you're spending and where you're spending it, and can offer (sometimes) helpful advice.  Right now, I track everything in it, and I've been embarrased to find out how much I spend every month on eating out and buying DVD's.

As long as you are accurate with what you input, it can be the best thing that's ever happened.  If you're super-duper-deluxe accurate, it can even advise you if you appear to be withholding enough to pay the income tax at the end of the year.
Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.