Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help with disputing six 180 day late payments

tag
iltph
Frequent Contributor

Need help with disputing six 180 day late payments

I was defrauded by Leasecomm after paying them $39/month and never having any late payments for over six and a half years. It is still within the SOL, but it is causing major damage to my EX and EQ reports. Can someone please read over this and give me some feedback? Does it sound good, anything need to be changed? Should I ask the CRA to delete the entire listing or just the late payments? (since the account was opened nine years ago it would help with my history)

Here's what they are reporting:

Experian Equifax
30 days late 1 1
60 days late 1 1
90 days late 1 1
120 days late 9 1
150 days late - 1
180 days late - 6

Please see this link on the FTC's site if you'd like more information. I emailed the FTC over a week ago using the address at the bottom of the page requesting that they send the document to me to send to CRAs, but they didn't respond.

http://www.ftc.gov/ro/leasecomm/qa01.shtm

Attn: Dispute Department

I am requesting the deletion of several late payments that are currently being reported on my credit report. I was defrauded by Leasecomm Corporation, who has reported many false late payments to you. I opened a merchant account with E-Commerce Exchange in August, 1999. Included was the use of a “virtual terminal” through Leasecomm, which allowed my business to accept credit cards online. In January 2006, I closed my business and cancelled my merchant account with E-commerce Exchange.

Several months later I started receiving phone calls from Leasecomm Corporation demanding me to submit payment to them for all of the months that I missed. I informed them that my merchant account with E-commerce Exchange had been closed out in January, 2006 so I was no longer required to pay. I had more than ful-filled the requirement of a five year lease and was no longer allowed to access the “virtual terminal” since my account had been closed.

The Federal Trade Commission has set up a website at http://www.ftc.gov/ro/leasecomm that contains information on how Leasecomm Corporation defrauded their customers. I’ve attached one of the pages that includes information on the settlement and helps explain my dispute a little easier.

I’ve also included information on E-Commerce Exchange’s website that describes the “virtual terminal” that they offered through LeaseComm Corporation.

It would be awesome if I could get this deleted. It sucks to have gone over six years and never done anything wrong then to go and be screwed with all of these false late payments, especially since my account had been closed.

Also, when sending a fax to Experian should I include my SSN or the report number that appears when I go to dispute an entry online? (the report number seems to change frequently though and if I don't submit the dispute online I wonder if the number that appears isn't able to be tracked back to me)

Message Edited by iltph on 03-12-2008 03:20 PM
-------------------------------------------
April 2009: TU 768
March 2009: EQ 671
February 2009: EQ 666
January 2009: TU 667 | EQ 620 | EX 669
December 2008: TU 651 | EQ 625 | EX 649
April 2008: TU 642 | EQ 636 | EX 635
November 2007: EQ 542

November 2006: EQ 501
Message 1 of 1
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.