Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help writing letter to OC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help writing letter to OC

Good morning, All

I am trying to get a charge off deleted from my DH's credit file.  I filed bk7 in 2001 and the debt was discharged in the bk.  However, he was an authorized user on the card and they transferred the debt to him.  Is he liable for the debt or is there a letter I can write perhaps a DV? to the OC and have them remove the debt?  Should I send the discharge papers from the bankruptcy?

Blasting away at the negs and need this one removed.

Thanks
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help writing letter to OC

Have you disputed the listing through the credit bureaus?  You should be able to state that he was only and AU and that the debt belongs to you and was part of a BK.  I would start there first if it hasn't already been done.Smiley Happy
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey kims,

I have been disputing this debt for a long time. Since 2002 and the CRA's keep sending it back verified.  So I am thinking I need to contact the OC.
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh ok, I didn't realize you'd been disputing.  Have you asked the credit bureaus how it was verified?

Maybe a DV now?    
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Last date of verification from TU is showing 01/05.   Doesn't say who it was verified with.
Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I think you can contact TU and ask them to provide their verification methods...a request from you saying "show your work" lol  lemme see if I can find an example anywhere....
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

well on the TU site they say they can provide you with the data providers name, address and telephone # if you believe the information is still incorrect ~ a means for you to do a DV.  If they give you that info then at least you know you are talking to the person that verified everything to the CB.

It also says you can mail them a consumer statement...but I don't think those are worth much...you can have a statement on your report stating why the info is incorrect in your opinion.

But I would contact them to get the information on the company or person that verified for them.  I would call TU and see if you can get that.

Message Edited by kims on 07-21-2007 11:19 AM
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does it say AU on his CR?? 
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Equifax says joint account, he never signed any paperwork
TU says joint account
Experian does not list this account for either of us
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is a CA reporting...send a DV  CMRRR  only 1 time   demand doc proof that is is his!!  also all the other info. that is standard...with the doc proff  you can add....doc. proff with my signiture.

Many years ago  on CC & store cards it wa in 1 name & when spouse is added they just put joint.
NOW they want both to sign.  I would push for a sig. they prob. don't know how it use to be done.

They must answer within 30 days if they don't they must STOP all collections of any kind. and that means removing from CRA. you can also at that time send copy of RRR & DV...to the CRA  add statue & tell them they must delete!

ALSO in DV letter  do not offer any info.  just his info.  and whatever is on his CR   do not say that he was an AU only. Let them try & get from OC before you do anything.  Remember a lot of DH's do not know that we added them. SO  if he was doing this on his own he would just tell then that he never had this account.  My Dh  has no idea if he is or has ever been an AU on my account. I don't think he even knows what an AU is  lmao!!!!

Message Edited by HappyDays on 07-22-2007 09:10 PM
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.