dwash

Need help

I have had some major problems with my credit in the past.  I have a copy of my credit report and plan to clean it up.  I have sent letters to some of the collection agency offering full payoff for immediate deletion from my credit bureau.  My question is if the companies accept my offer, would both the original account and the collection account be removed.

Thanks
Regular Contributor
dazednconfused

Re: Need help

No.  If you PFD the collections, they will come off, but the OC can still report as charged off [paid]. 
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Depends who actually owns the debt.
If the OC owns the debt- then work with the OC to get both deleted.

Little more tricky to pull this off if the CA owns the debt.

dwash wrote:
I have had some major problems with my credit in the past.  I have a copy of my credit report and plan to clean it up.  I have sent letters to some of the collection agency offering full payoff for immediate deletion from my credit bureau.  My question is if the companies accept my offer, would both the original account and the collection account be removed.

Thanks

dwash

I am also dealing with a local collection agency that has told me that they do not purchase the original accounts that they are only collecting for them.  Is this common and if so would I be able to go to the original account and negotiate with them?
Moderator Emeritus
Timothy

Sometimes dealing with the OC to have it removed works better.
I did this with a cable bill.  Search for COX to find my letter to them.

dwash wrote:
I am also dealing with a local collection agency that has told me that they do not purchase the original accounts that they are only collecting for them.  Is this common and if so would I be able to go to the original account and negotiate with them?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+