Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need help

I have had some major problems with my credit in the past.  I have a copy of my credit report and plan to clean it up.  I have sent letters to some of the collection agency offering full payoff for immediate deletion from my credit bureau.  My question is if the companies accept my offer, would both the original account and the collection account be removed.

Thanks
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need help

No.  If you PFD the collections, they will come off, but the OC can still report as charged off [paid]. 
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Depends who actually owns the debt.
If the OC owns the debt- then work with the OC to get both deleted.

Little more tricky to pull this off if the CA owns the debt.

dwash wrote:
I have had some major problems with my credit in the past.  I have a copy of my credit report and plan to clean it up.  I have sent letters to some of the collection agency offering full payoff for immediate deletion from my credit bureau.  My question is if the companies accept my offer, would both the original account and the collection account be removed.

Thanks

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also dealing with a local collection agency that has told me that they do not purchase the original accounts that they are only collecting for them.  Is this common and if so would I be able to go to the original account and negotiate with them?
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sometimes dealing with the OC to have it removed works better.
I did this with a cable bill.  Search for COX to find my letter to them.

dwash wrote:
I am also dealing with a local collection agency that has told me that they do not purchase the original accounts that they are only collecting for them.  Is this common and if so would I be able to go to the original account and negotiate with them?

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.