cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need links to letters to remove authorized user...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need links to letters to remove authorized user...

I have found one for when you are the authorized user to have it removed from your credit reports completely, but what I am looking for is something to have an authorized user removed and to make sure that it gets removed from that persons credit reports. I hate the fact that my STBXH is benefiting from my good credit on the cards he is authorized on (he doesn't have the cards or probably even know that he is an authorized user on those accounts, which is good).

Or is this something that can be taken care of with a phone call? I would just like to have the written proof that this has been taken care of, which is why I thought I would go by a letter although it probably takes longer this way.

Thanks
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need links to letters to remove authorized user...

I do not have an answer to your question, but do you mind sharing the letter for when you are an authorized user to have it removed from your CR?  Thanks!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't know of any links. I would suggest contacting the creditors that you have the auth user on and see if they can remove it. Have them send you an letter saying that they have done so or you could just write to them.
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just went through this last week with Sears. It is simple - no letters. The primary holder calls the card issuer and tells them to remove the AU. Request that they also remove from the AU CRA's and no longer report. I was an AU on my moms sears card and her high balance was killing my revolving debt when I went for a mortgage. The lender asked for a letter from mom stating I was not responsible for the debt. I had my mom call sears to remove me as an AU instead. They did it via phone. She asked that it be deleted from all 3 CRA's and they did it over the phone. I waited 72 hours (impatient)then I disputed all 3 CRA's and they verified the new status and deleted it from all 3 CRA's. My situation was different as I could verify with CRA's that it was removed. Apparently you have no access to verify yourself. For verification ask that they follow up with you via letter indicating that it has been removed frmom the CRA's and no longer reported. If necessary indicate on the phone that sharing of your info via reporting data with the former "whatever" concerns you greatly. By the way, when I removed my AU status my FAKO dropped 13 points.
Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eagle1 I would have him call but he is so flaky lately I can't even get him to call the kids when he says he is going to (let alone the stack of other things he needs to take care of), getting him to call and remove me from his cards would be like me telling my 1 year old to clean the bathroom, it isn't going to happen. So I need to find a way for me to take care of everything, which is fine because then I know it is done and I will have the letters to back it up. Lately he says he does something and then I find out later that he didn't do anything, I can't wait for his time line, plus next week he is going to be unreachable for 3 months and I would like to have it done now not in four months if he chooses to deal with it then. Someone else is in the limelight right now on his end, but that is a whole other topic Smiley Happy Thanks for the advice though.

Here is the link to the letter that I found, but I am going to have to change it but that is like most letters you find. It can be updated to fit any situation I think.
http://ezinearticles.com/?A-Sample-Letter-To-Remove-Exs-Information-From-Credit-Report&id=568797
Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Confused... your first message implied that HE is an AU, but your last message implies that YOU are the AU. Regardless, I would just call the card issuer and ask for removal and ask how can it be verified beyond this phone call. If you are the AU tell them you will soon be applying for your own account and do not want duplicate reporting. The link letter is VERY aggressive for use in your first contact. You might want to tone it down. The key is to get the cleric to remove and not have it forwarded to their legal dept. Good Luck my friend!
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Eagle1 wrote:
I just went through this last week with Sears. It is simple - no letters. The primary holder calls the card issuer and tells them to remove the AU. Request that they also remove from the AU CRA's and no longer report. I was an AU on my moms sears card and her high balance was killing my revolving debt when I went for a mortgage. The lender asked for a letter from mom stating I was not responsible for the debt. I had my mom call sears to remove me as an AU instead. They did it via phone. She asked that it be deleted from all 3 CRA's and they did it over the phone. I waited 72 hours (impatient)then I disputed all 3 CRA's and they verified the new status and deleted it from all 3 CRA's. My situation was different as I could verify with CRA's that it was removed. Apparently you have no access to verify yourself. For verification ask that they follow up with you via letter indicating that it has been removed frmom the CRA's and no longer reported. If necessary indicate on the phone that sharing of your info via reporting data with the former "whatever" concerns you greatly. By the way, when I removed my AU status my FAKO dropped 13 points.

Kind of confusing to me. I was considering after Sept. having a AU TL dropped off of my CR. It is a excellent B of A TL. I am the one paying it from day one, never a late payment. When Sept rolls around, I won't get credit for that on my FICO score, so I am assuming my score will drop some points. I still owe about $3000.00 on it, which is causing my revolving debt to be high. I plan to pay this off in the next two-three months. 

Would I be better off leaving it on my reports since they are in excellent shape, I guess what I am asking, is even though it won't count in the FICO score, does it still add into my lenght of credit history and a positive account. (the account is closed)

Sorry...I forgot to mention, I am the AU on his account. It is my ex's. I am the one that had the card, used the card, and paying the card.

Message Edited by cbjn1103 on 07-21-2007 09:52 AM
Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am also confused with who is the AU. You should still be able to call them and they should be able to remove you if you are the AU or either way. You should be able to call them and get you removed.
Message 8 of 12
MercyMe
Frequent Contributor

???  I'm a bit confused, because when I was in the process of establishing myself, I had myself removed as an authorized user simply by disputing online as not mine, and when able, adding the notation,  "This is such and such's account."  I never had a problem, and always came off. 
Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

same thing here mercy...My mother and I were both AU's on my dad's Chase account which is now a CO for $9400.  What was once an excellent TL was killing us!  I disputed it for my mom and it was removed completey from TU and EX ~ still waiting on EQ results.  I haven't got any of my dispute results back but did the same thing a couple of years ago when I was the AU on another card and it was immediately deleted from all reports.  I've never had any trouble getting that off my credit...if all the other things would *poof* life would be grand!  Smiley Wink
Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.