cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need opinion of this GW letter before I send it...

tag
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

Need opinion of this GW letter before I send it...

Hi, my hubby had a collection on his report that shouldn't be there.  It was assigned to the CA on 6/4/07 and it was paid by us on 6/21/07, WELL within the 30 days that is to be allowed to us.  I called the CA to make sure of the payment and all and the lady that I talked to was extremely nice and said that they are willing to delete it once it is disputed.  Well, this is the weird thing...she said that the bureaus have access to their files in their computers and that is how it got reported.  WTH???  Has anyone heard of that?  The name of the company is National Bureau Service.
Anyway, here is my letter...
To Whom It May Concern,
Recently, my wife and I decided to pull our credit reports to make sure that they were accurate as we want to refinance our home.  In doing so, we found an account that has been reported by your company to the credit bureaus.  It states that it is paid in full, however, it is still a derogatory on my credit report.
This account should not have been reported due to the fact that it was assigned to you on 6/4/07 and paid on 6/21/07.  This was well within the 30 days that was given to me to respond according to the FCRA.
On 1/29/08, my wife spoke to a very kind lady named Theresa at your office and she said that once I dispute this matter, your company would be more than happy to delete this account by contacting the credit bureaus.
It is my sincere hope that you are willing to work with me on deleting this from my credit reports and send me a copy of the correspondence with the credit bureaus.
Thank you for your assistance in this matter and taking the time for me,
Sincerely,

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need opinion of this GW letter before I send it...

If you have any documentation, send it with it and reference it in the letter.

Next time, put your "letter" in paragraph format to make it easier to read.

Message 2 of 5
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

It came out on the post different than it was in the box when I typed it.  Also, I referenced my account number and everything at the top of the letter but didn't add it in the post as I didn't want everyone seeing my info.
Thank you for your input.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I meant to make sure to send any supporting documentation with your letter to the company you are trying to GW and make sure to reference same in your letter! Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 5
danikasmom
Regular Contributor

So, should I have sent a copy of the original letter that they sent?  I hope I didn't already mess up.  They were really cool on the phone so maybe they will stay cool.  If I don't hear anything from them soon, I will send another one.Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.