Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need opinions please on deleted medical collection

tag
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Need opinions please on deleted medical collection

Hey everyone.  Recently I have been trying to PFD a $30 medical collection.  The CA hasn't been cooperative and the OC is not returning my calls.  So I sent a DV to EQ for this.  I sent it CMRR and I got the green card back indicating that EQ had signed for it on 3/3.  I haven't heard anything from EQ and have not received any SW alerts, so I decided to pull my report today.  My score is up 14 pts and the $30 collection is gone.  I am still really knew to all of this, so I'm not sure whether to celebrate yet or not.   The collection was still there as of 3/27 so it has just recently been deleted.  Does this mean that the CA did not validate and it's removed?  Should I call EQ to confirm or should I just wait to receive something in the mail.  This is my first DV with EQ so I'm not sure of their procedure.  Thank you for any advice!
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need opinions please on deleted medical collection

You don't DV a CRA, only a CA.

I would wait for EQ to send you the letter to be sure.
Message 2 of 9
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Maybe DV is the wrong term.  But I sent EQ this letter.  Is this wrong?  I won't do anything else and will wait to hear from them.

Equifax

P.O. Box 740241

Atlanta, GA 30374

Dear Equifax,

My name is ________, my SS # is ______________.

I am sending this dispute certified mail # _________________x to make sure you receive it.

I have no knowledge or records of account # xxxxx00000 for $30.00 on my credit report.

Please advise me as to the name and address of the medical provider, the date and type of service, and to whom the service was provided, as any account I might have had would be obsolete.

If you can obtain this information, I also would need the name of the person providing this data, and the manner in which it was provided in order that I may pursue additional legal remedies.

Very truly yours,

My Name

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is a dispute letter.  That's fine to use, they probably just deleted it.
Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

You should also be getting a letter back from EQ stating that it was deleted. They usually take the full 30 days when doing disputes, in my experiences anyway.
Message 5 of 9
kball64
Frequent Contributor

Thanks Stef!  I wasn't sure if it is their normal practice to send a letter or not.  I did get one from TU but this is my first EQ dispute. 
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Your welcome. Yes, they are required to send you a new copy of your updated report along with the letter of the action they took in regards to the collection.

Good job!
Message 7 of 9
kball64
Frequent Contributor

I received a response from CSC Credit Services (EQ) regarding this dispute.  The cover letter says "the item below was investigated at your request.  Please review your attached credit file for the current status of this item".  So I look at the report they sent me and the item is not there.  Ok, so am I to assume that they could not validate it so they removed it?  It would be nice if they would give the status rather than me having to hunt in the report to see what the update was.  Is this how CSC operates?  At least with TU, they list the items and the status/update is listed next to it.   Is this standard practice with EQ disputes? Thanks!
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

kball64 wrote:
I received a response from CSC Credit Services (EQ) regarding this dispute.  The cover letter says "the item below was investigated at your request.  Please review your attached credit file for the current status of this item".  So I look at the report they sent me and the item is not there.  Ok, so am I to assume that they could not validate it so they removed it?  It would be nice if they would give the status rather than me having to hunt in the report to see what the update was.  Is this how CSC operates?  At least with TU, they list the items and the status/update is listed next to it.   Is this standard practice with EQ disputes? Thanks!

Yes, I've disputed several with CSC and that is exaclty what I"ve gotten every time. If it is on your CR, they verified, if it isn't there, they deleted.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.