Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some Advice

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some Advice

Well I am writing because I am in some serious need of advice from very intelligent people so I came here. This is my first time writing for advice but I come here all the time and read, read, read.
Well I am 23 and got into some serious credit difficulties at a young age. My current scores are TU 520 EX 489 and EQ 516. I have 2 good credit cards that are $1000.00 limits and are good at 30% balance. I have my car loan that is paid on time every month never late. Please be patient with me I tend to ramble but I love advice and you all give such good advice to everyone. Here goes the baddies that I need some help on:

1.) OC BOA this was a credit card that was opened in 1/2002 and reported in 7/2006. this account was charged off and bought by CA Portfilio Recovery  and is reported as opened  3/2006 and reported 9/2007. The amount is $990.00. I want to do a PFD but I do not know who to ask for a PFD the OC or the CA? Would this even be eligible for PFD because it was sent to a CA??? Also shouldn't the dates on the OC and the CA be the same for opened and reported if it is the same account? I heard something about reaging but I am not sure....that's why I am here!!!

2.) OC First Premier Visa charged off to Arrow Services CA. The amount is $500.00. The OC is listing the account as opened 10/2003 and reported 4/2007 the CA is the same. I would like to request a PFD for this too but again do not know who to ask and do not know if it is eligible. What did I get myself into

3.) OC is Verizon and Verizon still has the account. the amount it $600.00. This was opened 1/2005 and reported 1/2007. I will request a PFD on this if someone else thinks it is a good idea...Such a little amount of $$ but so much trouble.

4.) This is the triple baddie...I got a loan with Summit bank in 5/2001 for $5000.00 it is on my CR as reported 7/2001. Per my credit report this account was transferred to Fleet Bank and then sold to CA Portfolio Recovery and now is a JUDGEMENT. If my memory serves me correctly this was paid in 2001 a few months after it was opened by my parents through Summit Bank. I looked through some old paperwork but do not have anything that old. I asked my parents and my moms response was "I do not remember what I wore last week how do you expect me to remember what I paid in 2001"
On my CR the OC is saying the account was at a 0 balance and too new to rate and the account was only opened for 3 months at the most so....I do not know where to go from here especially because of the legal status.  Any information would be helpful on this one. 

Because of all this Collection stuff there is a full page of Inquiries and other than my 2 CC's and auto loan I never authorized any of these. I did (through this site of course) find some inquiry dispute letters that I am going to utilize for those but I do not know what to do as far as those accounts go

I like the PFD because I can pay for my mistakes and have them removed. I heard about Validating accounts and they possible could go away but I really want to Pay for my mistakes.  Recently when I got a new car (a few months ago) is when the finance company told me about all this and I was determined to get this right.  Who do I dispute to??? I am so confused.

Is there any hope for my credit. I really need advice from you credit Guru's out there. I read this stuff and find the advice most people give to others are really helping them and all I need is help.

Please...anything will help.  
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need some Advice

Just info. on posting.....if you hit submit too soon or if you want to add or change anything.....click options on right side of message.    reply is on the left & options is on the right.  It will take you right back to your post.

1.) OC BOA this was a credit card that was opened in 1/2002 and reported in 7/2006. this account was charged off and bought by CA Portfilio Recovery  and is reported as opened  3/2006 and reported 9/2007. The amount is $990.00. I want to do a PFD but I do not know who to ask for a PFD the OC or the CA? Would this even be eligible for PFD because it was sent to a CA??? Also shouldn't the dates on the OC and the CA be the same for opened and reported if it is the same account? I heard something about reaging but I am not sure....that's why I am here!!!

look at CR for TU or EX    it will say something like  remains on report until  month/year
  is BOA  still reporting?

The date for CA  is the date that they reported (not date CO or DOFD) date opened OC 2002....date opened CA  2006  this is correct!

What is your SOL?

My advise....know your SOL before doing anything....if past SOL you can not be sued!  If not the OC or the CA can file suit for a judgment.

Once you know SOL  we can go forward.  This is just a precaution

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-06-2007 11:06 AM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-06-2007 11:12 AM

Message Edited by HappyDays on 10-06-2007 11:15 AM
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need some Advice

My SOL is 6 Years I live in New Jersey....
But on the Credit report the date filed for the judgement is 9/2006 so won't it be 6 years from 9/2006???
Thank you
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.