Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice on paid collection

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some advice on paid collection

Last year I was looking to buy a car but before doing so I checked my credit report. I found a collection I didn't know existed from 2004 when I was living in Texas for grad school. It was with a utility and they had turned it over to a collection agency. I had no clue this existed until last year. I moved back to Oregon in 2004, had all my mail forwarded, and never received a single past due bill or notice from the collection agency. I thought everything was paid for and cancelled when I moved.

Anyway, I called the electric company last year and disputed the charge. They conducted an investigation and concluded that I owed them much less than what is on my report. I paid the bill in full and thought that would take care of it.

I recently checked my report again and it's still on there as unpaid. I've begun disputing it with the CRAs but I'm wondering if I should do anything else. Should I contact the collection agency and ask them to remove it?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need some advice on paid collection

Allanon wrote:
Last year I was looking to buy a car but before doing so I checked my credit report. I found a collection I didn't know existed from 2004 when I was living in Texas for grad school. It was with a utility and they had turned it over to a collection agency. I had no clue this existed until last year. I moved back to Oregon in 2004, had all my mail forwarded, and never received a single past due bill or notice from the collection agency. I thought everything was paid for and cancelled when I moved.

Anyway, I called the electric company last year and disputed the charge. They conducted an investigation and concluded that I owed them much less than what is on my report. I paid the bill in full and thought that would take care of it.

I recently checked my report again and it's still on there as unpaid. I've begun disputing it with the CRAs but I'm wondering if I should do anything else. Should I contact the collection agency and ask them to remove it?

who is reporting ?  who did you pay?  OC or CA
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

The CA is reporting it.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

dispute it again as  not mine    see if it drops

you paid OC  correct  if so....same time as dispuye  DV the CA   CMRRR

Message Edited by HappyDays on 09-15-2007 06:25 PM
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.