Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need some advice....please help..;-)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need some advice....please help..;-)

my wife had signed up to get her CC bill online and may or may not have been receiving them..we are in the midst of disputing this but none the less...when we realized it was going on we called the CC company.  They said that we had a balance of about $180 due to us not paying the bill for 90 days.  We explained that we have not been receiving any statements but they said we have.  So all things said, after have the CC since 2003 with an $18K limit..never being late once in the 4 year period..the CC balance is now paid off and the CC company has decided to closed the account.

As a result of all this, my wife's FICO has dropped from approx 800 to 715 and will probably drop further once the closed account is reported. I assume below 700.

We are planning to refi the house in a couple of months and my score is still around 800 but hers will be a lot lower.

So assuming the dispute that we have with the CC company doesn't work...what should we do next to try to get her score back up...dispute, etc.?

thanks for the help!!

bodhi
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Need some advice....please help..;-)

Wow. That is very upsetting to hear. I personally take things like this very hard. I'd call and talk to the president of the company. I had this happen and they put me on collection!! OUCH! I closed an account. After I closed the account they stop sending me bills. They had a balance on my account that should not be there. Some service fee. I called to complain, but they said they sent out the bills. I never received them in months. The did not send them out. Oddly, I got the collection bills in the mail. I wasn't going to take this. I raised !!!!! and marched in to the local branch and started trouble. Anyway that got me no where. I found numbers for the President of the company and started calling him. I found his celphone number. Called it. I called everyone until I became so annoying the president called me. He personally got rid of the collection and wiped out the account if I agreed to pay the amount. I did not owe the money, but paid it anyway, called him back, problem was fixed that day.... and sent down the line to have all neg removed. All was well. Very upsetting. I never thought I ever get as upset as I did. I was not at fault. If in fact you feel you are not at fault do not except the 90 day lateness! You need to contact people right at the top, not just supervisors, as high as you can go. Tell them it is their fault. And on top of that, you need to investigate why / were / how the mail was not delivered. That is also very concerning.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.