Valued Member
lost2007

Need some pointers!!!!

I'm looking to get and car soon and want to get my scores to get a better rate, over the next couple of months. What is the quickest way to go about doing this and how much of a bump can I expect. I have played with those credit simulators, but they only factor in the long term...
Frequent Contributor
cfstr1

Re: Need some pointers!!!!

What mix of credit do you have? What is your CC utilization? Any CO or collections? What are your scores now.

Providing more information will allow people to give advice for your particular situation.

From my experience it is possible to get a car loan with a few derogs on your report. I did in March 07, but it will take hard work and the right person and dealership to help you.
Moderator Emeritus
fused

Re: Need some pointers!!!!

lost2007 wrote:
I'm looking to get and car soon and want to get my scores to get a better rate, over the next couple of months. What is the quickest way to go about doing this and how much of a bump can I expect. I have played with those credit simulators, but they only factor in the long term...

Read this for a good overview on how to improve your scores.

Read this for a better understanding of auto-enhanced FICO scoring. Have questions come back and we will try and help you.

Credit Cards:
Amex BCP 25K ~ Amex Clear 25K ~ Amex Platinum NPSL ~ Chase Freedom Visa 19.3K ~ CITI Dividend World Mastercard 20.3K ~ FIA Fidelity Investments Platinum Plus Visa 40K ~ First Hawaiian Bank Gold Visa 10K

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+