Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to improve score quick

tag
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Re: Need to improve score quick

One way to increase the score is to be added as an authorized user to another's account.

Not sure how much money is needed for home improvement, but perhaps you might qualify for the Synchrony Lowe's Account (with lenthy 0% APR). If approved, you can request a higher credit limit immediately. Others have reported getting $25K and higher on recon of original limit. Good luck to you!
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Credit Guy,

I am new here and been seraching around and have a question.

When you say, A CC typically reports whatever balance it had when the statement printed do you mean whatever the balance is at the end of the billing cycle?

ie; my usbank card billing cycle ends on 2/22 this month, so I should pay off the bill before then?

Also can you change when you billing cycle or statement closes?

Thanks

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey Credit Guy,

I am new here and been seraching around and have a question.

When you say, A CC typically reports whatever balance it had when the statement printed do you mean whatever the balance is at the end of the billing cycle?

ie; my usbank card billing cycle ends on 2/22 this month, so I should pay off the bill before then?

Also can you change when you billing cycle or statement closes?

Thanks

I think this is what I said:

A CC typically reports whatever balance it had when the statement printed... i.e. the Amount Owed at the top of the statement.  It reports that figure to each of the three credit bureaus. 

If a person is paying in full, then the balance at the very end of the cycle is the amount owed.  But then there is some extra stuff that could be tacked on: interest, fees, etc.  So strictly speaking, it's the Amount Owed at the top of the statement that will be reported. 

You write:

"my usbank card billing cycle ends on 2/22 this month, so I should pay off the bill before then?"

You should do that if you have a desire for that card to report $0 to the bureaus.  You might not care if it reports $0 or not.  The key idea is that the CCC will report the Amount Owed on the statement to the bureaus.  If you are fine with that amount being reported, then no need to pay it down.  If you want a smaller amount to report, then pay it down at least 3-4 business days before the end of the billing cycle.

You ask:

"Can you change when you billing cycle or statement closes?"

With many CCCs you can do that.  Not all, but many,  Give them a call and ask.

Message 13 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

PS.  If you do decide to give your card issuer a call, I'd ask them whether they report to the credit bureaus on the day after the statement prints.  Most CCCs do this, but a few do not.  Instead they look at all of their customers balances on the same day (e.g. the 1st of the month) and report the current balance.

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.