Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to repair credit. Advice?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to repair credit. Advice?

Hello,
I was referred to this board by a friend at work. He said you guys know alot about how the credit agencies work, and are very helpful on giving advice.

This is my current situation, perhaps one of you could give some advice?

I filed for bankruptcy 2 years ago and was discharged near the end of 05. I have a few credit cards that i reaffirmed, and I'm currently paying ontime.
Now, I have 4 credit card accounts that show late payments on my credit reports after the bankruptcy was filed (1 month after the filing date). They are all 30 days late and are the last report on each account.
My question is, should I dispute those 30 day lates, since they were reported after the bankruptcy was filed, and by law, all activity on the accounts included in bankruptcy must stop after filing?

Also, one of these accounts does not show as being included in bankruptcy, but instead just says "closed/transferred" on the status. How should I handle this one?

My scores are very low right now, near the 600 mark, and I really need to bring them up quickly.

Any help will be appreciated.
Tom
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
MeganML84
Frequent Contributor

Re: Need to repair credit. Advice?

I can't really offer any advice on this one as I don't know much about BK but maybe some nice poster will come along and give some suggestions...

Also, you might have more luck in the "Bankruptcy" section of the forums, it's new but it's worth a shot!

Good luck!
Wisdom doesn't automatically come with old age. Nothing does - except wrinkles. It's true, some wines improve with age... but only if the grapes were good in the first place.
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't have a BK either but i know enought to tell you to dispute each and every one of those accounts with the CRA's as "included in bankruptcy" and that SHOULD be that. if some lame CA actually validates the account, you can write them with proof of your BK date and then dispute again. eventually they WILL be corrected.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had a bankruptcy in 1999...and am finally having some success in getting my scores in the good range.

Basically I had to come up with a plan. I paid off the most recent collections....ignored the really old ones, like older than three years since they will fall off after seven.

I opened to two credit card accounts, Orchard and Household bank, and paid them consistently. Every month my score inched up.

And I have two car loans, one which I paid off last year and one which is still open. Basically I went from scores, 550 Ex, 573 (EQ), and 563 (TU) to 660 Ex, 657 and 616 (TU) over a period of about a year.......when I started really working on my credit seriously.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.