Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to vent...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Need to vent...

I feel that creditors owe you some sort of compensation when they wrongly put things on your credit report.  Within 6 months, I have had 2 errors on my credit report.  Here is the story:

In Dec 2006, My mortgage company somehow put half of my mortgage payment in some miscellaneous acct.  A rep called me a month later with a nasty attitude saying my payment is late.  I told her it was not late and gave dates to support it.  She puts me on hold several times to finally realize they misappropriated my money.  Even though they corrected the error, I had to wait until Feb 2007 for it to come off.

Now, more recently, I had discovered there was a collection for $25.00 on my credit report after trying to apply for an education loan.  I called the collection agency to inquire.  The rep was very polite and pleasant (surprisingly) and tells me it was from a hospital.  I asked for more information since I was not aware I left a hospital bill unpaid.  After being on hold twice, come to find out I had paid my bill in Sept 2006, but they put the collection on my report Feb, 2007.  They are supposed to be sending me a letter confirming this in 5 business days and, of course, it will take 30 days for it to come off my credit report.  How could they not check this before posting this on my report is beyond me. 

Is there some sort of punishment creditors should get?

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Unfortunately as long as they remoe it within 30 days of...

Unfortunately as long as they remoe it within 30 days of being made aware of the error, there is nothing to be done.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.