Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Needs Help Desperately!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Needs Help Desperately!

I'm planning to refinance my house and at the same time get an equity out of the house. At this moment my score is 664. I'm trying to wait like a couple of weeks to see if there are any more changes in my credit score.  The last my 2 months I paid off 2 of my credit cards with a balance of $164, and $150. Right now its still not showing in my credit report. Is there a way to request for the Credit Card company to post the recent payment.  Is it worth waiting to wait 2 weeks to see if there will be any changes?

Thank You.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Needs Help Desperately!

You can try a rapid rescore...Personally, I would just wait it out.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 06-08-2007 08:10 AM
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

How does the rapid rescore work?
Message 3 of 11
Tuscani
Moderator Emeritus

Rapid rescoring works by providing info to the bureaus outside their normal reporting schedule of 30-45 days.

The info provided, on letterhead from the creditor, specifying what action is to be taken (most common are: remove lates, update balance, delete tradeline) is faxed to the bureau (TU, EXP and/or EQ) which then investigates to make sure claim is valid. Tradeline is upated & credit report is rescored. Takes 3-5 days. The costs involved vary... I believe your broker has to initiate the process unless you can get in touch with special handling depts at the CRA.

And remember... There is no guarantee that your score will go up with a rescore.

Message Edited by Tuscani on 06-08-2007 08:44 AM
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have letters from 3 or 4 collection companies that were faxed to me well they are copies of what they send to the Credit Bureaus that they are requesting deletions. I aslo paid off all of our credit cards they were in good standings but maxed do you think we will get a decend score?indifferent smiley
thanks,
Debbie
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I have letters from 3 or 4 collection companies that were faxed to me well they are copies of what they send to the Credit Bureaus that they are requesting deletions. I also paid off all of our credit cards they were in good standings but maxed do you think we will get a descent score?indifferent smiley
thanks,
Debbie

Is there a rush to get this done?
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

There is a major Rush we are set to close on our house on the 16th of July and I would like to get a better rate. The Lender said he would do another pull just before closing and I want these things taken care of so my scores hopefully will go up to atleast the mid to upper 600's I am not sure if I will get that kind of increase or not can someone tell me about what I can expect for the work that I have done.very-happy smiley
Thanks,
Debbie
Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
There is a major Rush we are set to close on our house on the 16th of July and I would like to get a better rate. The Lender said he would do another pull just before closing and I want these things taken care of so my scores hopefully will go up to atleast the mid to upper 600's I am not sure if I will get that kind of increase or not can someone tell me about what I can expect for the work that I have done.very-happy smiley
Thanks,
Debbie

I do not know anything about rapid scoring. BUT
Look at all of you previous "post dates" on you CR's.
Add 10 days to these dates. Will the date be too late?

I am guessing you want these all updated by the first week of July,
You may have enough time to let them run the course of time.
Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

sweetbutincontrol wrote:
I'm planning to refinance my house and at the same time get an equity out of the house. At this moment my score is 664. I'm trying to wait like a couple of weeks to see if there are any more changes in my credit score.  The last my 2 months I paid off 2 of my credit cards with a balance of $164, and $150. Right now its still not showing in my credit report. Is there a way to request for the Credit Card company to post the recent payment.  Is it worth waiting to wait 2 weeks to see if there will be any changes?

Thank You.

How soon are you looking to refi?
What are you using to monitor your CRs?

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I need to refi as soon as I can, but they said if I'll let my score reach a certain score, then I would get a lot better rates. I got it from equifax through this website.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.