Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative CC Report

tag
Amarie003
New Contributor

Negative CC Report

My husband is an AU on my Capital 1 and after reviewing my report (from May) I noticed Cap 1 reported a negative mark that my husband went exactly $1 over our credit limit! (which I paid off the very next day)..
Despite the obvious complaint, that this being reported was petty of them, can I get this dispute to get this removed?
According to FICO's model, how much do negative factors effect scoring?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Re: Negative CC Report

If it's valid information you really don't have a basis for dispute.  You can, however, make a goodwill request to see if they will remove it.  The Rebuilding subforum covers such topics.

Payment History is the biggest slice

http://www.myfico.com/crediteducation/whatsinyourscore.aspx

but I can't say for certain how much impact an overlimit negative comment has on scoring.

Message 2 of 4
Amarie003
New Contributor

takeshi74: Thanks, I'll call and see if I can request goodwill. They have been pretty nice despite this negative notation. I just got a good CLI from them. Hopefully they'll continue to work with me!
Message 3 of 4
user5387
Valued Contributor

@Amarie003 wrote:
My husband is an AU on my Capital 1 and after reviewing my report (from May) I noticed Cap 1 reported a negative mark that my husband went exactly $1 over our credit limit! (which I paid off the very next day)..
Despite the obvious complaint, that this being reported was petty of them, can I get this dispute to get this removed?
According to FICO's model, how much do negative factors effect scoring?

In looking through past threads here, it's not clear whether there is a specific scoring penalty for being over limit.

However, such a situation implies that the CC has high utilization, and is maxed out, and these are major negatives for utilization scoring.

Utilization has no memory, and thus paying off the CC should help you.

As far as the negative comment by Cap One, I would suggest contacting the EO and asking if they can remove it.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.