Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Indicator Differences between EQ, TU and EX

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Negative Indicator Differences between EQ, TU and EX

As of this month EX has dropped all late indicators I had on closed accounts.

EQ and TU are still shwoing 6 & 9 repsectively.

Why such a disparity between them?  Is this due to the creditors themselves reporting incorrectly to each bureau or is it the way the 3 bureaus report?

A weird example is I had a late payment in Jun 2010 - Sep 2010, EX dropped it off completely because it's been 7 years from 1st month in chain but TU dropped Jun/Jul and kept Aug/Sep.

Is there any way to get EQ and TU to report 0 negative accounts like EX?

Should I open disputes with the creditors or the bureaus?  If I open a dispute with the bureaus should I refence the fact that EX doesn't show a particular account as delinquent?

Am I just really confused on why such a differnece and the best way to try to clear the other 2 reports up.

Thanks

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Negative Indicator Differences between EQ, TU and EX

If you don't get any folks chiming in, you may want to ask the moderators to move your thread to the Rebuilding forum.  People there may be more likely to have ideas.

In the meantime, can you clarify for us whether you have some urgent need for credit in the next 60 days?  If not, it sounds like the simplest thing may be to relax and just let time take care of this.  The different bureaus may have different internal policies as to the exact date that they remove lates.  It sounds like there is no reason yet to believe that the lates will not be coming off.

What tools are you using to pull your credit reports?

Message 2 of 14
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

If all of the derogatory items are less than 6 months from falling off, you can ask TU for EE. I think EQ is the most difficult and you'll have to wait until they're about 1 month from falling off to ask them for EE.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the reply.

My wife and I are looking to apply for a home construciton loan within the next couple months.  The guy I spoke to at the bank said they look for scores over 700.

I pulled all of my scores from here.  My mortgage score for EX is in the low 800's and for EQ and TU in the low 700's.  I was hoping to get EQ and TU lined up with EX so hopefully all scores were in the low 800's since they will take the middle score of the 3.

I pulled all of the scores through the report on My Fico.

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

What does EE stand for?

Can I just call them and ask for that?  Would it be worth noting that EX shows no lates?

Message 5 of 14
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

Since they take the middle score, I would concentrate on TU and not worry so much about EQ.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 6 of 14
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

EE is early exclusion. Call them and ask them to remove them early since they're close to falling off. Don't use the term early exclusion and I wouldn't say anything about Experian. You may have to ask for a supervisor.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called TU and the guy I got said they can;t do anything without me filing a dispute.

One of the accounts had a chain of lates in Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov 2010 on my report in May,  They dropped the Aug & Sep off and left the Oct & Nov.

Am I getting correct info here that I need to file a dispute?  

Message 8 of 14
medicgrrl
Valued Contributor

A lot of people have good luck with the dispute process. Just put that you're requesting they remove early.

EQ 778 EXP 782 TU 729
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

I will try a dispute.

He said they will need to contact the creditor so I'm confused here.  If I'm requesting that the credit bureau removes early why would they contact the creditor?

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.