Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative Indicators (Ugly Red Flags)

tag
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

Negative Indicators (Ugly Red Flags)

I understand the Negative Indicator Flags, but what determines when they go away?  What I mean is, I have an older account with several lates from 6 years ago. The status shows 60 days past due, yet there is no Negative Indicator flag on the account.

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bobbay
Established Contributor

Re: Negative Indicators (Ugly Red Flags)

I think 30 & 60 day lates stop counting after 4 years.  Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

Current Score: EX 712 4/28/15, TU 713 4/14/14 lender pull, EQ 723 9/16/15, 740 EQ bankcard 8 6/1/15 lender pull
Last app 03/12/17

Message 2 of 6
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

I know the effect of a late payment diminishes over time but I haven't been able to get a solid answer as to the timing.

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 3 of 6
KellyP25721
Frequent Contributor

Does anybody know the answer to this?

Starting Score: 573 (EX Faco) | Current Scores: EX(Fico) 674, EQ(Fico) 668, TU(Fico) 691
Message 4 of 6
VirtualCuriosity
Established Contributor

I did find something else interesting.  I just disputed a major delinquency from 5 years ago with a mortgage company and they agreed and changed the status from current/was120 days past due (was in process of modification) to current/was 90 days past due.  I now have the negative indicator flag on the account when there wasn't beforehand.  Oh well

TU713, EQ 731 , EX 726 (As of 12/13/14) - Personal Goal = 760

“Beware of little expenses. A small leak will sink a great ship” – Benjamin Franklin

Gardening since 3-26-15

Message 5 of 6
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Although all lates diminish with time, a 90 or over late will effect your score through the entire period from 7 years to 7.5 years. I can tell you that I have serveral (4) 30's, 1(60), 1 (90) and 1 (120) on one account, all others accounts never late. This account was pif and shows "good standing/paid as agreed" in the comment section.  My TU score increased 5 points on the 5th aniversary after the DOFD. Under derogs the report states "you have a major derog which is holding your score down. Continuing to make payments on time will continue to approve your score." Hope this helps.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.