Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative account disappeared

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Negative account disappeared

I had a Negative account disappear from my report that was with Verizon , It was not old enough to drop off , I am wondering if it might show up again ? Any Ideas

Thank you !

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Negative account disappeared

@Anonymous wrote:

I had a Negative account disappear from my report that was with Verizon , It was not old enough to drop off , I am wondering if it might show up again ? Any Ideas

Thank you !

How old was the account and was it paid ?   Sometimes creditors will switch between different CAs so its possible that it will reappear in the future.

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No it was not paid , And the account was reported in 2008 or 09 , I have never had this happen , should I call and ask Verizon or just let it be ???

Message 3 of 14
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I wouldn't bother, leave it off. Doesn't that benefit you?

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

It does benefit me , But if another CA bought the account would they contact me to pay or just put it back on my credit ? 

Message 5 of 14
compassion101
Established Contributor

my understanding is that if it is turned over to a new CA, they would need to send you a dunning letter and wait 30 days to see if you respond before attempting any collections procedures including reporting to CRA.

Message 6 of 14
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@compassion101 wrote:

my understanding is that if it is turned over to a new CA

+1. DW had a Verizon (landline) CO. We sent about a dozen PFDs offering 100% and they kept saying "no". Then one day it disappeared. I used to call them once per month to talk about the process. They said they'll assign CAs to collect and after 3 attempts, then they'll auction off debt in batches. They told me (in 2008) that they'll then delete once sold and then the new CA can report if they wanted. So when it disappeared, I immediately mailed Verizon a check. A couple months later AFNI cashed it, which means Verizon forwarded the check. AFNI then mailed a thank you letter even though they never sent a dunning, reported, etc.

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for you help ! I am new to this Forum and I am blown away at how helpful everyone is !!! Thank you guys..Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
Dishpro
Regular Contributor

I just had a Progressive Insurance acct that went to collections in 2008. After using Progressive on a new truck for my business the old CA shows up on my CR. I PFD immediately and am waiting for it to delete. They didn't send me a dunning letter before it reappeared the other day. Is the rule that they must send a dunning if it goes to a NEW CA? Because I have had other baddies come off after GW and disputes and want to prevent them from reappearing.

Starting Score:
Current Score: FICO TU 725 FICO EQ 735 EX 754
Goal Score: 850

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 14
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Deletion by the OC may be perceived by them to be beneficial, as deletion eliminates any issue of any future disputes over accuracy of reporting, and thus permits them to clear their books.

If they have sold it to a debt collector, the debt collector is not required to send dunning notice prior to reporting to a CRA.  They can report, which then triggers their requirement to send dunning notice within 5 days thereafter. The intent of dunning notice is to provide timely notice after they begin collection activities, not before.

No cease collection bar is in effect based on their sending of dunning notice.  They can continue collection activities during the 30 day period provided for a consumer to request debt verification.

A cease collection bar only comes into effect once they receive a timely DV from the consumer.

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.