Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negative response from CA on PFD letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Negative response from CA on PFD letter

Hi all!

I sent a PFD offering to pay the original debt for dental work (220 bucks) and using the example letter sited in these forums.

I just recieved the following curt letter from the CA:

DEAR xxxxxxx

ENCLOSED YOU WILL FIND THE VERIFICATION REQUESTED.  PLEASE CONTACT OUR OFFICE IMMEDIATELY SO WE WILL KNOW YOU RECIEVED THIS INFORMATION.

THIS SITUATION MUST BE RESOLVED AS SOON AS POSSIBLE TO AVOID CONTINUED COLLECTION ACTIVITY.

Attached is a ledger entry detailing the original debt.

I am thinking about resending the PFD minus the language about the debt being in dispute and offering to settle.  I was also considering contacting the dentist's office directly even though it's been a couple of years and seeing if we can do an end around.

Advice?

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Negative response from CA on PFD letter

What was the date of service?  what is your SOL?
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Service was 4/05.  SOL in state is 6 years.
Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

They'd probably failed the read the letter in its entirety. They probably read the word "dispute" and thought it was just that, a dispute or DV letter.

Same thing happened to me with DW and Verizon. Sent the PFD and they responded stating that I can't DV an OC.

It is important to continue to mention you dispute. I buried mine elsewhere in the body of the PFD.
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.