cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Negatives on my Credit Report past 7 years..how to get them off..

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Negatives on my Credit Report past 7 years..how to get them off..

I'm wondering if anyone knows the info on Accounts that are older than 7 years, why are they still on my report. And if I'm paying things off, how long do creditors have to report the payment on my report?

Single mom-lost job-rebuilding on the upside, employed. Thanks

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Negatives on my Credit Report past 7 years..how to get them off..

What is the date of first missed payment? When did your SOL expire? Is the account paid in full? Was the account assigned a CA? Who was the OC? 

That is the basic information needed for most to offer advice.

If I read what you said correctly that you are paying things off, are you paying OC or CA?

Do you have a written agreement to pay in installments with whomever you are paying?

What is the balance owed?

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Negatives on my Credit Report past 7 years..how to get them off..

It is not accounts older than 7 years that controls, it is the date of each individual delinquency reported on the account.

List each monthly delinquency in CR by date and severity.

Each monthly delinquency remains until after 7 years from its indivual date of delinquency.

Each reported collection remains from 6 months + 7 years after the date of first default (DOFD) on the OC account.

So the starting point for CR deletion is simply the date of each delinquency on the OC account.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.