cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Account but Lower Util......Will I get a Bump?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Account but Lower Util......Will I get a Bump?

First off, some success.  I just got approved for a Citi AAdvantage card with a $9600 limit!!!!  By far my biggest limit and I'm in with Citi!!  On to my question......I'm sitting at about 50% util on 10-11k in available credit.  My avg account age is only about 2 yrs on a total of 9 accounts.  My new util should be about 25% with the new card, but I will have the new account on my report.  Should I see a bump from the lower util or will I see a decrease until the card ages a bit? 

Question 2-  The bulk of my util is on 3 cards.  Should I do a partial balance transfer from theses 3 to the new card to even out the balances. (Approx 3.5K on the three). 
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdtobefree
Established Contributor

Re: New Account but Lower Util......Will I get a Bump?

I wouldn't transfer to the new account.

While it does raise your UTL it may drop your score since it is a NEW account. So you are tet for tat there.

Personally, I would pay the others down as much as I could before the next statement drops, that is usually when they report.

I would pay off the highest % card and stick in the sock drawer and only use the lowest % of the 4.

CCC's hate me I PIF every month they never get to make any money on me LOL.
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.