Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Amex CC, thanks everyone!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Amex CC, thanks everyone!!

Hey guys just wanted to send a quick note of thanks to everyone for all the support...

After doing some serious repair to my CR, I decided that the only real way to quickly boost my scores higher was to open a few lines of revolving credit. Keep in mind, I have not had a credit card in nearly 12 years, I just didnt use CC's and to be honest, I really don't need CC's except for in a possible emergency. But I finally applied for the AMEX Gold Sky Miles Card that several people on here have recommended. Well, I am excited to say that I was approved!!! They gave me a 2k CL which I am sure according to the research I have done that I can get a CLI pretty quickly.

Anyway, I just wanted to say thanks for all the advice, and just to answer the inevitable questions, here are my scores:
EX 664
EQ 644
TU 659 (at last check should be higher).

Like many others, I am on my way!!!
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
MidnightVoice
Super Contributor

Re: New Amex CC, thanks everyone!!

Congrats.  I was in the same boat - no credit cards and didn't need them.  Didn't know how much that was really depressing my scores until I cam here and got educated!
The slide from grace is really more like gliding
And I've found the trick is not to stop the sliding
But to find a graceful way of staying slid
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats bdog, i was in about the same boat as you and midnight....all i had were a couple lousy little cc's with little cl's....you will end up in good shape hanging out here.

btw, are we related?
Message 3 of 11
ah32
Frequent Contributor

I just got approved today for a Skymiles 2K line! My first prime cc!
Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

that is awesome, ah!  you could also try for the hilton hhonors...

ah32 wrote:
I just got approved today for a Skymiles 2K line! My first prime cc!

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations to you all!!!  This is great stuff....Hey dog...if I keep trying to keep up with you, I am going to be in big trouble...lol
Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

look for a new post...i am going to confess to all of my new tl's in a few minutes......Smiley Very Happy

ObsessedwithmyFico wrote:
Hey dog...if I keep trying to keep up with you, I am going to be in big trouble...lol

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please don't tell me...I seem to sleep walk to my computer at night and apply for everything I have seen....so please do not confess...It will come to me in the middle of the night...lol....
Message 8 of 11
ah32
Frequent Contributor

Applied for the Hilton Honors card.  Waiting for response.  Told to check back in 24 hours.  I think I've checked back 3 times in 30 minutes.  Very anxious! I would like one more card, so that I can get rid of these sub-prime cards once and for all!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

haha, obsessed, sounds just like the dog.

ah32, since it is the weekend, you will probably see something on the site by tuesday evening or so.  i am like you, i got delta first, then applied for hilton...i checked the site practically every fifteen minutes for five days and finally got an approval.  then i applied for the amex blue cash a couple weeks later and had an approval right at 48 hours later.  i will keep my paws crossed for you!

ah32 wrote:
Applied for the Hilton Honors card.  Waiting for response.  Told to check back in 24 hours.  I think I've checked back 3 times in 30 minutes.  Very anxious! I would like one more card, so that I can get rid of these sub-prime cards once and for all!

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.