Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Bank

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

New Bank

Hey Guys,

I need a new bank, any ideas in CA? Need free checking, free debit, no maintenance fee, great service, A solid bank.....

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

Re: New Bank

How about Credit Union? Have you look into them? Patelco and Golden 1 are two credit unions in CA. They usually have less fee comapre to big banks.

Message 2 of 8
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

US Bank

FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Addison Avenue FCU Smiley Happy.

Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, Banks, Credit Union. (obviously good reliable most reputed ones)

Message 5 of 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

There is also Bank of the West.

Message 6 of 8
JMN
Frequent Contributor

@Imhotrodcrazy wrote:

US Bank

+1.

@trumpet-205 wrote:

How about Credit Union? Have you look into them? Patelco and Golden 1 are two credit unions in CA. They usually have less fee comapre to big banks.

Patelco's service, unfortunately, has gone to crap. They were my first credit union, and their service went from stellar to horrible in the span of two years. I fired them entirely and closed all accounts a month or so ago.
I don't recommend them. I've heard great things about Golden 1, but I've never seen any of their branches in the SF area.
Despite my employment in the banking industry, any and all views contained in this post are purely my own, and do not represent any financial institution, nor constitute as financial or investment guidance or advise.
Message 7 of 8
trumpet-205
Valued Contributor

They have a branch in Oakland. Only bad thing about Golden 1 is limited ATMs and branches. Have you tried Provident CU?

If you don't mind online banking, consider Charles Schwab Investor Checking. You need to open a brokerage account as well, but you don't have to use them. There is no fee nor minimum balance requirement. They reimburse ATM fees (excluding balance inquiries) each month. They also offer Bill Pay service for free. You can also order checks, deposit slips, and prepaid envelopes for free.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.