Valued Member
debz

New CC dropped score 15 pts!

I just got my capital one card (and I'm regretting it already).  They reported a $500 balance with no limit.  I was approved for $750.  I'm going to do a balance transfer to get this capital one reporting $0.  When this new card hit my report, it dropped my score by 15 points!  Is that normal?
Established Contributor
sl

Re: New CC dropped score 15 pts!

[ Edited ]
Depends. How many inquires do you have on your CR? Inquires can drop your score. Also, Capital one does not show CL, so it makes it look like you have high utilization.

I hope this helps.

Message Edited by sl on 07-30-2007 04:34 AM
Valued Member
debz

I have 3 inq.  I was recently approved for Hooters with $8k limit and CCCU with $3k limit.  I'm hoping when these report that my score will go back up again.
Established Contributor
sl

I think once the Hooter's hits your report, it will go up. I would would wait a while before you apply for any more cards. Inquires can really hurt you.
Valued Member
debz

That's it for the CC's for me.  I plan to close First Premier and Orchard Bank since they only have $300 limits and high fees. 

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+