Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Collection hit. Please help

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: New Collection hit. Please help

I have a similar problem with them. 

I just received a letter (dated August 25, 2010) on  an accout I thought I had already taken care of.  The debt was owed to TD Bank (althought I still believe I do not owe it) and when I tried paying it back in 2007 they had no record of the accout and referred me to the collection agency (which was NCO at the time).  I called NCO who in turn also indicated that they had no record of the account and agreed to delete from my credit reports (which they did).  Now I get this letter in the mail claiming the debt is owed to Enhanced Recovery.  AS far as I know, it has not hit my credit reports and I really don't want it to...I want this to go away!!!

Should I call the collection agency and pay the debt? How should I go about doing this as I do not want this to appear on my credit reports.  It has taken me a very long time to clean it up and I am so, so furious about these games that collection agencies play passing a debt on.

Suggestions please

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.